35

If you must lie, be brief.

Moscow, Russia ~ 3rd Person's POV

Miguel stood near a buffet table with a glass of wine in each hand. Henry's warning meant that Bratva wasn't the only threat that night. They needed to watch out for the Smirnovs too. He turned around, intending to return to Ellie when he nearly bumped into a petite lady with green hair. '

Natalia caught his eye in the floor length green satin gown she wore. Its transparent side gave Miguel a clear view of her nice long legs when she took a hesitant step towards him.

"Miguel." She breathed, unsure how to act around him.

She'd settled for befriending him after she concluded that he and Ellie were in a relationship. With the way he had rushed to her bedside the last time they were in the mansion; it wasn't impossible to tell. She wasn't sure what she'd said wrong when she texted him but he'd blocked her number.

Miguel cleared his throat, surprised that the chica knew him. He racked his brain, trying to recall where he knew her from, but it came up blank. Natalia noticed his perplexed expression and tried to help him out.

"I'm Sasha, the nurse." She reminded, "I dyed my red hair for the ball." She was glad to notice the look of recognition on his face.

"Oh yeah. How have you been?" His eyes searched around for his love as he spoke.

"I'm good, I see you're in a hurry. I just wanted to apologize for making you feel uncomfortable with my text. I know about you and Ellie, and I genuinely just wanted your friendship."

Miguel had never been so clueless in his life, "What text?"

Natalia became confused herself at the genuine puzzlement in his tone. She took out her phone from her purse and showed him their last conversation. Miguel read through, not knowing what to make of it.

Ellie had been waiting for Miguel for a while now and decided to go find him. He might have gotten himself in trouble. She spotted him at the buffet table speaking to a lady with green hair. She rushed over only to realize it'd been better if she'd stayed put.

"Miguel." The sound of his name caused Natalia and him to jerk their heads in Ellie's direction.

Ellie's expression when her eyes fell on Natalia's bright screen told the duo everything they needed to know. Ellie had impersonated Miguel in the conversation.

"I don't think Andrei's here." Isabella concluded after she couldn't find anyone matching the description Henry had given her.

"Oh okay, thank you then."

"Ava's found Vladimir." Camilla said into her earpiece, alerting Henry. They're on the balcony Markus stood on to propose the toast.

"As expected, Adamovich already has a dagger to his throat." Eli chuckled.

"Great. If she keeps him busy, he can't press a trigger at Leo." Henry replied.

"Leo has Nikita in his arms. They definitely can't shoot at him." Camilla guessed once she noticed the lady's champagne gown.

"It looks like we're alright for now. Bea seems to have left the premises and Markus still hasn't gotten off the phone." Isabella informed Henry.

She didn't have an earpiece she could speak into, so Eli and Cami didn't hear her. Immediately Eli and Henry noticed Markus get off the phone and strange men in black begin to block the exits, they each set up their rifles.

"Remember guys. If at first you don't succeed, it's only attempted murder." Isabella stated, pulling out her own gun.

Leonardo quickly tilted his head to the right, and Nikita ended up kissing his cheek. She cleared her throat to hide her embarrassment, and begun to detach herself from him. Noticing that, Leo pulled her closer.