Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41

  Fang Ying looked at Su Yan's arm and limped out of the infirmary. The tricycle was still at the door. He helped Su Yan sit in the back and looked at her knees smeared with purple syrup.

  "It's really good. My wife is really good."

  Fang Ying felt distressed and wanted to laugh at the sight. He stretched out his hand to roll up her trouser legs and said, "Isn't it still squeaky after scratching such a big piece of skin?"

  Su Yan sniffed and said obediently: "Stop snoring. Let's leave quickly. It's so embarrassing."

  Fang Yingkan got on his car and carried his daughter-in-law to his house. He pressed her hard as he carried her: "You are really good at transporting two thousand kilograms of coal to your house by yourself. It belongs to the landlord's house." The old scalper hasn't worked as hard as you. What use do you want from me? With my strong arms and legs, I still have to let my little wife haul coal--"

  Su Yan, who was sitting in the back and listened impatiently, stretched out her hand and pinched his waist: "It's not over yet. Go home quickly. It's embarrassing."

  Besides, she was still thinking about the coal in the ditch, what to do if someone took it away. It was just one step away from reaching her door, and she would be sick from vomiting.

  Fang Ying knew that his little daughter-in-law was angry from shame, so he shut up his mouth obediently and smartly, and carried her home.

  "Hey, why are you walking this way?" Su Yan saw him entering directly from the Tongzi Tower, pedaling the tricycle and riding forward without looking back.

  Fang Ying looked at it and said, "Are you stupid? There is a path over here, and our home is down there."

  Su Yan took a look at Tongzi Tower. She really didn't realize that they were so close.

  Fang Ying saw her turn and said: "This is not the tube building next to the cadre area. These two tube buildings were built earlier. People with work or ideological problems live here. It's okay for you to be alone, but don't go this way, remember?"

  "I know." Su Yan looked at the crowded Tongzi Tower and sighed: "The environment here is not as good as over there."

  Fang Ying looked at it and said, "That's natural. If the environment is good, wouldn't it be easier for those people?"

  Su Yan rarely heard Fang Yingkan talk about her workers like this, so she must have made a big problem. She didn't ask any more questions and covered her mouth and nose with a small handkerchief to prevent herself from being smelled by the stench of dirty water on the roadside.

  Fang Ying turned a corner and walked through the alley. Su Yan really heard the sound of waves.

  "How uncomfortable it is for newlyweds to live here." Su Yan thought that although her parents' family was poor, at least the house was clean inside and outside.

  Fang Ying was pedaling his bicycle and saw a mouse in front of him, so he swung the handbrake in the middle of the pedal back and forth to make a sound. The mouse ran away quickly when he heard the noise.

  Fang Yingkan regretted taking Su Yan this way. Seeing that she didn't find any mice, he didn't mention it and continued the topic:

  "There's nothing we can do about it. It's too late to build new houses this year. We don't have any extra money financially, so we can only suffer the new young people. Didn't our leaders also say that we must first solve the housing problem? , let's deal with the living conditions. We don't even have a place to live, so talking about the accommodation environment is all empty talk."