Free Woman

3 Weeks Later:

"Ms. Nicks, you're a free woman. You get full custody of your daughter and Mr. Anderson agrees to visiting rights to Matthew." the judge said. Lindsey exited with Sara on his shoulders as I straggled behind in killer heels. We went out for dinner to celebrate. 

"It's this amazing restaurant called Antra Sulla."

"Lindsey you don't have to do this. We can just eat at home!"

"It's your first night as a free woman. Live a little!" We pulled up to the Italian restaurant and went to our table. Mick, his wife and kids, John, his wife and Christine sat waiting for us. Christine and I got talking after we had ordered. 

"We need to take a picture like we used to. You know with our legs way out there."

"Says the woman who didn't have a kid, isn't 5'1" and is wearing platforms."

"Stevie, seriously. Stop being so hard on yourself! Live a little!"

"You sound exactly like Lindsey."

"Well your boyfriend has some good advice."

"We're not. He's not." He looked over at me and I leaned in and kissed him. "That doesn't mean anything Chris."

---------------------------

Vomit. Everywhere. It couldn't the morning after, I didn't drink! Lindsey came in to check on me. "Hey." He grabbed a hair tie and got everything out of my face. I felt his hand on my back. "Why are you throwing up? You didn't drink last night! Did you have morning sickness with Sara?" I nodded with wide eyes. "You don't think?" My eyes widened even more. After an hour or so I was alright. 

"Do you remember anything from the night we drank?"

"No. But we couldn't of, could we?"

"It's been three weeks. You find out the second time sooner than you do the first. I found out about Sara at a month or so."

"We could take a test, right?"

"I suppose so. They should be at the drugstore. I'll go in later."

"No. I want to know now. Stay here with Sara." he said putting on a jacket. 

-------------------------

"And now we wait." I said. 

"How long does this take?"

"About a minute."

"This is going to be the longest minute of my life, isn't it?"

"You have no idea."