Punished

1981:

Lindsey and I have been hooking up for over eight years now. Every night it's the same scenario. Chrissy and John in bed and Mick on the couch. But tonight was different. Lindsey, Christine, and John were all asleep. Like actually asleep. I checked in on John and Christine and they weren't screwing, which is a first. Mick has been trying to avoid the new baby. Mick and I were working on the chorus of Rumors. He said that he didn't care what it was, but when he found out it was a girl, he was devastated. I kept him company, since he didn't want to go home. "Do you want to watch some T.V. to get your mind off of the baby?"

"Stevie, it's two in the morning, nothings on!"

"True. We could just watch the static."

"You're a creative kid. You know that right?"

"I'm not a kid, you're a year older than me!"

"That means I'm a year wiser, too."

"Excuse me?"

"Are you kidding? I've known about you and Lindsey since the first time in the kitchen! I'm sure you didn't think of me of somebody that's smart. But I'm smart enough not to get involved with a fellow band mate."

"Are you sure about that?" I asked. I leaned in next to him and kissed his cheek. He pushed me down on the couch and started kissing my neck. It seemed to last for hours on end. I heard a faint thumping coming down the stairs but thought noting of it. Lindsey stood in front of us in awe.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Micheal?"

"It wasn't me it was Steph!"

"Sure it was!" He said in disbelief. "Come on babe." He dragged me by the arm up the stairs.

We stumbled into the doorway. I slid off my dress while Lindsey sat on the bed. I struggled to unclasp my bra and asked Lindsey for assistance. He refused. I spent ten minutes struggling until he came up behind me and undid it for me. I picked up one of his shirts and put it on with his assistance. He lightly grasped my arm and I winced in pain, a bruise was forming. "We'll talk about this in the morning." he said. I rolled on my side awaiting a warm embrace that never came. I roughly put my hand on the bruise, as to feel something. I managed to squeak out two words. "I'm sorry." I got out of bed and made my way to the connected bathroom. I grasped his shaving razor and sat in the tub. I pulled up the shirt to my stomach. Shakily, I removed a razor from the frame. My previously scarred legs sat purple and green among the peach looking scar tissue. My hand moved towards my legs. I made a quick slicing motion. I screamed in agonizing pain. I had cut to deep and hit a muscle. Christine ran in to see what was the matter. The blood was oozing from my leg with every heart beat. John followed not long after.

"What happened?" Christine asked.

"I had to be punished." John ran into the bedroom, woke Lindsey and grabbed a clean shirt to tie off the wound. He ripped it and tied it tightly around my upper thigh.

"Punished?" Christine asked. I was only have conscious when Lindsey and Mick walked in.

"We need to get her to a hospital." Mick said. "Grab the bed sheet we need to carry her down. Christine go start the car. John, Lindsey, get the bloody bed sheet." Mick sat down on the edge of the tub and held my hand. "Stevie stay with me. We're going to get you to the hospital." The boys ran in with the sheet and Mick lifted me on. Getting me down the stairs was a challenge. Every move was painful. At one point I told them to 'hurry the f*ck up'. I dozed in and out of consciousness. Next thing I new, I was being questioned by the doctors in the E.R.

"What happened? How'd you get cut?"

"I had to be punished. For being a bad girl." I looked over at my I.V.

I could hear Chrissy questioning Lindsey in the hallway. "Did you tell her she had to be punished? Or to cut herself?" The nurse opened the door and told them to come in. "Stevie, are you alright?" She turned to the nurse. "How long will she need to stay here?"

"It's unsure. We may need to keep her here for surgery." 'Surgery!' I thought. The nurses ran to my monitor which was beeping irregularly.

"Hold on Stevie!" Christine screamed while holding my hand.