Yes

"Lindsey," I said, "I don't know if I'm ready!"

"Not ready? Your 33! It's been eight years!"

"Band relationships Lindsey. Christine and John got divorced five years ago and Christine puts up with him because she needs this band just as much as we do!"

"We're not like them We're..."

"What? Worse? I'd probably think you were cheating on me with the labor nurse if we had kids. And.." I was cut off by the phone. I ran to answer it. "Hello?"

"Is this Stephanie?"

"Yes, this is Stevie."

"Charlotte is going into labor. She asked me to call you."

"I'll be down as soon as I can. She already gave me the address the other day." I hung up the phone and threw on a decent looking dress, then threw up my hair. I searched all over the room for my shoes. Lindsey tossed them to me.

"Where are you going?"

"Charlotte is in labor."

"I'll go with you." He said throwing on a coat.

"No Lindsey. You can't, Kim doesn't like you." I ran out before he could argue. I got in the car and started it quickly. I looked in the mirror. I looked like death but then I realized the headlights behind me light up. I sped to the hospital. The car following me and only stopping when I stopped. 

------

"Hey Kim. How's she doing?"

"Not good. The IV just seems to be making her worse." 

I grabbed Charlotte's hand. "Hey Lottie. You're going to get through this, then you'll have your baby boy." She gave an unconvincing smile. Charlotte had been fighting cancer while pregnant and the doctors were almost certain she wouldn't make it through childbirth. 

"Ma'am." A nurse tapped me on the shoulder, "someone is here to see you." I turned to see Lindsey standing in the hallway. "We're going to ask all of you but Kim to leave. We need her to have as much room as possible when we start to push here in a minute." I rubbed Charlotte's arm and went into the hallway with Lindsey.

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you, Kim does not like you!"

"Stevie, about earlier."

"I told you, I don't think I'm ready."

"I know. You also talked about how band relationships fail."

"Exactly. They just don't work."

"What if I leave?"

"No. Don't give up your dreams for me or anyone else for that matter."

"Look we haven't slept. We're both tired. Let's get some rest darling, it's best." He motioned to the bench down the hall. I sat trying not to lean on him but he drew me in. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulder. The door swung open. Charlotte was being rushed to the intensive care unit. Kim ran after her. 

"What's going on?" I asked.

"She survived but it doesn't look like she'll last until nine this morning." I followed him to the ICU. Charlotte was hooked up to so many tubes that I almost couldn't find her small body.

"Lottie. It's going to be okay."

"No it's not. I don't have long. I want you and Kim to raise my baby, together."

"Lottie. I don't know if I can..."

"Do it for me, please." I could hear the strain in her voice.

"Okay. Okay." Her monitor flat lined. I turned to Kim. "Did you hear what she asked?"

"Yes, sadly." Tears filled his eyes. "Stevie will you marry me?"

"I'll do it for Charlotte." I couldn't wrap my head around Stevie Anderson. Lindsey stood in the doorway with his hand over his mouth.