Are You My Daddy Then?

When I awoke my hands were still with Lindsey's. He sat over me, looking down. I pulled away one of my hands and rubbed under my eyes. "You didn't have on makeup last night Stevie." I pulled my hand away.

"How did you..."

"It was always your main concern in the morning." I leaned forward to get up and check on Sara. Lindsey got up with me. I looked at him, basically telling him he didn't have to come. "I want to." We crept up the stairs to the guest room. Lindsey waited in the doorway as I woke her.

"Mommy, where are we?" 

"You see that man?" I asked, pointing to the doorway. "That's mommy's friend Lindsey. We're staying with him until we can get away from daddy."

"Oh. I like your hair." she said to him.

"Well I like your hair too, little girl. What do you want for breakfast?"

"Oh. Lindsey, you don't have to..."

"Do you have waffles?"

"I can make some." I followed the two downstairs. After breakfast Lindsey offered to take us to see the band record. "Maybe even mommy could sing something." We got into his car and drove to the house they were recording at. "Look familiar Stevie?"

"Lindsey. Why are you recording at the same house?"

"We haven't changed houses. Christine bought it." He helped Sara and me out of the car. I went to pick her up but she gave the "uppy" sign to Lindsey instead. Christine sat with Mick discussing something of importance. They looked up to see Lindsey. 

"Stevie?" Mick asked in disbelief. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm divorcing my husband and staying with Lindsey. He invited us to watch you guys play."

"Well you better plan on singing too." Christine added. "Hey Sara. Do you want to sing to?" Sara nodded. 

-------------------------

The band went through Little Lies, Everywhere, and a remake of Go Your Own Way. The final song of the day seemed so familiar. Sara even knew it. "You have to know this one." Christine said. 

"Dreams?" I asked. 

"Well good for you. If you didn't I'd probably have to shun you, Miss Nicks." Lindsey said.

"The last time I remember singing that, was at our senior prom. I remember the words, but I haven't sung it in ages."

"Give it a go." Mick suggested.

"Now there you go again, you say you want your freedom. Well who am I to keep you down. I don't know guys."

"Sara, have you heard this song?" Christine asked and Sara nodded a reply. "Did you know your mommy was in this band?" She shook her head. Christine took her over to her massive computer and showed her a video from the 70s. 

"Mommy. That's you. I never knew you could sing. This is my favorite song."

"You know who it was written about?" Lindsey asked. 

"Lindsey, don't." I said. Sara shook her head.

"Well your mom and I used to date. She got really mad at me at prom and sang this with Christine, John and Mick before we were in the band."

"Are you my daddy then?"