Blueberry Pancakes

I grabbed Lindsey's arm once we got to his house. "Sara go get ready for bed." She ran upstairs. "What the hell were you thinking? Telling her about us! Suggesting the fact that you are her father!"

"Have you ever considered it? She's three, almost four. The last time anything happened was four years ago. You had to be pregnant for nine months. Unless anything happened right after you two were married, she has to be mine."

"Keep your freaking voice down, Linds. Yes I've considered it, but something did happen. I'm not entirely sure. Okay? I'm sorry that you had to find out about it this way, hon." Lindsey pulled my arms down and put his around me.

"I'm sorry too. Do you want to find out if she's mine?"

"Are you kidding? I've been trying to do that since she was born. I have to wait until she's five though." Lindsey walked over to the wine cabinet and poured a couple glasses. 

"We can wait. Calm down, Stevie." He handed me a glass. 

"You know I'm going to over drink, right?" 

"I'll make sure you don't."

-------------------------------------------

I woke up next to a still asleep Lindsey. I slid out and looked for my night gown. I put it on and went into Sara's room. She sat in her bed playing with her Barbies. "Morning sweetie. Want to make Lindsey some breakfast?" She followed me downstairs. "What do you want to make?"

"Pancakes!" I got the ingredients and pans out then started to make them.

"Do you know what Lindsey's favorite kind of pancakes are?" She shook her head. "Blueberry. Why don't you try to find them?" She grabbed them from the fridge and handed them to me. After they had been cooked we put them on a plate and took them upstairs. Sara jumped on the bed.

"Lindsey. Lindsey. We made you pancakes!" He rubbed his eyes.

"Morning cutie! Pancakes? Really?" I brought them over to him. "Oh blueberry pancakes! How'd you know?"

"Mommy told me they were your favorite!"

"She did? Well thank you pretty girl's mommy!" I smiled at him.

"Why don't you let Lindsey eat and you go get dressed." Sara obeyed and I sat down on the bed next to him. "So I set up the appointment with the divorce lawyer. We're meeting at 3 today."

"Do you want me to watch Sara for you?"

"No, no. You have work. I couldn't impose her on you and the band."

"I could get today off. Go with you."

"Are you sure?"

"100%"

------------------

Kim and his lawyer sat across from us. Lindsey sat next to me. "Where's Matt?"

"He is mine, Stephanie. It's none of your business."

"My name is Stevie, Kimberly."

"So," the lawyer started, "why do you want the split?"

"He has physically and verbally abused myself and my daughter. It's not a healthy environment for either of us."

"Do you have any proof of abuse?"

"Lindsey, can you take Sara out. I don't want her to see this." He sat with her in the hallway. I lifted up my dress and exposed my thighs."

"Thank you Mrs. Anderson. You're court hearing will be in three weeks."