You frowned, storming off. Not only had they profiled you as some sort of bad person, they practically put you as the face of their plan. That meant that no matter how the situation turned out, you would be the main one held accountable.

"Damnit." You mumbled. "They set me up..."

Making your way to your room, you opened the slammed the door, throwing yourself onto your bed.

"Fuck, what am I going to do?" You pushed your hands over your face, trying to ease your thoughts. "I can't kill Wriothesley... no, I won't. But they'll figure out that I've betrayed them..."

You cursed to yourself as you stood up. Huffing, you exited your room and made your way to Wriothesley's office.

Thankfully, given the time of the night, no one was out. There were a few Gardes here and there, but they paid you no mind.

You started to knocked on the metal door, but then saw someone approaching you.

You quickly pulled the door opened and slipped inside before they noticed you. Removing your hand from the handle, you sighed.

"...Wriothesley?" You called out, looking above the stairs.

You received no reply. You slowly walked up the stairs when you heard a soft melody playing.

Wriothesley wasn't in his normal throne, nor was he even in his office. You looked at his desk, seeing papers and folders scattered about.

Looking over to the corner of his desk, you noticed the record spinning about on the strange musical platform.

"Wriothesley!" You called again.

You groaned, wondering where he could be.

You gazed over to the corner of his office, looking at the boiling water on the station.

"He was clearly here..." You said to yourself, walking over.

You turned the steamer off. Taking another look around, you noticed the door behind his desk was cracked open.

Walking towards it, you opened the door wider and stepped inside his bedroom. However, it was vacant as well.

"..." His bed was made, along with the bathroom being empty. Sighing, you walked over to the edge of his bed and looked down at the strange box that sat on it.

Raising a brow, you picked it up. It was small enough to fit into the palm of your hand. It had a red velvet feel to it, as well as a strange heart shape on its clasp.

"Snooping around, princess?"

You flinched, whipping around while tucking the box behind your back. Wriothesley smiled down at you, turning the light on.

"...Where were you?" You asked, trying to appear less suspicious.

"Out handling business." He replied. "Looking for me?"

"No shit." You said.

"Language." He smiled.

You rolled your eyes, taking a step back as he took one closer to you.

"What have you got there?" He gazed down at your arms.

You looked down. "...Nothing."

"Really?" He smirked. "Let me see your hands."

You hesitated. You didn't want him to think you were snooping around his belongings, or rather going through his room.

He noticed your hesitation. "...That's an order."