Chapter 22

Keith's POV 

I woke on the bed, I fell asleep in the sofa. My tablet was well placed away. I stayed up all night in an imagination of what my Emmy would like, it was a pleasant and sweet dream, but sadly that was all that it was a dream.

I was about get out of bed when the door opens, it was Mr. Luxe with breakfast on a tray. 

"It seems your awake," 

"Aren't you going to work?" 

"I'm taking the of the week off to make sure you are completely and utterly fine and my rut is gone," he said placing it gently on my lap.

"You're still in rut?" 

"A little bit," 

I play with my fingers a bit, remembering the omega. "But you ..em.." 

He looks at me for a while before saying, "you saw him?" 

I look away feeling guilty, he held my chin facing me. "You saw," 

"Well, I could smell a little bit," 

"..." 

There was a bit of silence, I was nervous. Was he angry? I bet he is after all it was none of my business spying on him.

"I'm sorry," 

"Huh?" I was taken aback.

"I can promise you, nothing happened between us, before whenever I am in my rut I usually call Brams who would send workers to come and help deal with it. So he misunderstood it and thought I needed a worker, I understand if you don't trust me because of this." He stated firmly.

Why is he apologizing, I'm in the wrong, I shouldn't be nosy. 

"You don't need to, I shouldn't have been nosy," I said.

"What do you mean?" 

"It's not like I am…" 

"Keith, you are my mate and partner, it is only natural you have concerns and you're a person with feelings none the less." 

I couldn't say anything, even so I don't deserve it. If I tell him about what I've done I'm sure he'd be disgusted by me. I know this is deceiving him but I don't want him to be disgusted with me.

"Then why don't you do it with me?" I asks.

He pauses for a moment but look me in my eyes, he then slowly said. "Keith, I know you know it and everyone knows it, but you're very sickly, you look very sickly. You barely eat or go outside and I can understand with your pheromones disorder, but sometimes when I hold I feel you might break because of your small stature and weak limbs, even if you we do it and your well after then what about when you get pregnant. You're no longer an alpha you're an omega now and I can tell people with weak health don't make it after birth," 

I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. I was just thinking about doing what is expected of me. 

"So for now, let's focus on improving your health,"  

"So–so you aren't disgusted by me?" I unconsciously asked.

"If I was why would I agree to marry you?"

He was still speaking coldly but why was it so different? My heart feels lighter, it feels different.

"If you feel that I am disgusted by then it seems I am not doing a good job at this," he said.

He doesn't smile bit why do I feel like he is smiling, he picks up a piece of beacon, "open your mouth, what you can't finish, I'll finish it for you,"

Mr. Luxe is strange but, he is kind. I don't deserve him. Mr. Luxe fed me which feels embarrassing I must say. I don't know what gotten into him.

"Let's go watch a movie," 

"But I haven't gotten out of my Pj's yet," 

"Forget about it, your at home anyways," 

He takes down to the living turning on the TV to action comedy, Red Notice? That's the dead pool actor.

He takes me in his arms, as all the lights turned off and room where dark. I didn't feel nervous his pheromones where everywhere but I don't think it's because of the pheromones. 

Mrs. Ross brought us popcorn and something to drink. I like this, it feels nice being in his embrace. I want to stay like this, no worries no fears, us together like this.