Meeting with the King

Start from the beginning

Shouldn't they be happier about this?

Was fear that big a deterrent from them celebrating?

Had they just celebrated before?

Paranoia was understandable given the situation, but why would titans or humans who were in favor of the destruction of mankind within the walls want to help them in any way?

It just didn't feel like the paranoia was warranted.

"Well, sir, the best way to explain it is that a sort of doorway has opened between our world and theirs."

All the men standing by the king stared in a shocked silence.

"A-another world..." one of them mumbled, the insanity of the statement apparent but also undeniable.

Instead of appearing interested, the king's men gave worried glances at one another.

In their eyes, this was not something good at all. Oh, sure, wall Maria had been sealed, off, but this was opening up a whole new threat to the land.

"So... excuse us but... why would... you... come here?" the question was directed at the Imperials who had been standing silently behind the scouts.

The representative took a breath and spoke up "Well, sir, our intentions are simple, to secure the opening between our two worlds. W-"

"THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU SIMPLY SEAL IT?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" a shrilled yell interrupted the Imperial representative.

Everyone turned to look at the oldest man amongst the advisors, his face red with misguided anger. If he could see King Reiss behind his hiding spot he would find the middle-aged man covering his face in abject frustration.

"Please forgive Deltoff, ever since Wall Maria was attacked he has been paranoid of... everything. He was the one who misguidedly sent the MPs earlier..." The fat man said, exasperated.

"I'm not paranoid! Why on earth would they come here?! What's in it for us?! What's in it for them?! Huh?!"

"E-excuse me, sir, but... you sent that brigade of Military Police to intercept us, yes?"

"Yes! What of it?!"

Here we go...

"Well, if I may, they were rather unprepared... they decided to intercept us just outside the building instead of at the main entry, which would be a bottleneck for an army without 3D maneuver gear. I believe one benefit would be that the Imperials could send better trainers to boost security around the walls."

It had been the plan to have her suggest the idea a little later, but it seemed that the situation called for it then.

The old man raised an eyebrow.

"That... answers one question...but what exactly is in it for them?" he growled back, sounding like a lion despite his old age.

"Sir, we would like to establish trade, be allowed to bring in explorers, scientists, people that can help you out while also benefitting us; businesses, innovation, stuff everyone can benefit from. We believe we can eliminate the titan threat not just within the walls, but outside as well. You can't retake the world alone, sir, and we could help you out with that, benefitting ourselves in the process- a sort of... mutually beneficial alliance." The Imperial representative stated calmly, suspicion written in her eyes.

Something was off here...

That seemed to calm the man down slightly.

In fact, the mood seemed to lighten as the advisors looked at each other, smiled and one of them calmly answered.