Quiet

Miranda stood there pulling on her fingers as Ben stared her down.

"Um I-" she sighed in frustration trying to form the words.

A thousand thoughts were running through her mind. The main two being, How was she going to tell him and would he look at her differently now?

"Look, ummm I have an ex. He's a little off the wagon right now and my coworkers are being protective." she said looking at the ground.

Ben knew she was lying and he slowly made his way in front of her, grabbing her waist.

"Miranda, I'm not going to ask you again. What's going on?" he said calmly as he grabbed her chin so she would look at him.

Thats all it took before Miranda's eyes watered and breathing became shaky.

"Look whatever it is, I got you. I got you, Miranda."

"After we broke up, I met Tucker Jones. We were friends for years and around my 32nd birthday he started to pursue me. Umm I didn't take him serious until a year later. We ended up dating for 3 years. He proposed and we got married."

She slowly backed away and turned around. She headed into the living room and messed around with the back of the couch.

Ben followed her but kept some distance seeing it was really bothering her. He couldn't lie, he hated having to hear about Tucker. But, he knew she needed this moment.

"And ummm- After we got married, his true colors began to show. It started off with drinking and slowly it turned into becoming his punching bag." She said slowly, mumbling the last part.

She slowly faced Ben watching his jaw clench and anger rise in him. She quickly looked down and fiddled with her hands as tears slipped down her face.

"Miranda Bailey, what else did he do to you?" Ben said trying to compose his anger.

"He umm-," she could barely speak as her words got lost through her tears, "He would use me whenever he wanted."

Ben was on 10, the only thing he could think about was getting his hands on Tucker. He didn't know where to start but he would find a way. He was about to let all hell loose until he looked closely at Miranda. She looked scared and was trying hard to keep it together, but was failing. He took a deep breath and walked over to her. He hugged her tightly as she broke down. She cried and cried until it no longer made sound and her body was weak.

"Why didn't you call me, baby?" Ben kissed her forehead and held her tighter.

"I- Ughh, I didn't know what to do. I wouldn't have called you, I thought you wanted nothing to do with me." She sighed heavily, lightly pushing away from him.

He grabbed her arms and pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She laid her hands on his shoulders and looked at his chest, too nervous to meet his eyes.

"Miranda, look at me." He said firmly.

She slowly looked up to meet his intense gaze. They held that gaze for a couple seconds before Ben spoke.

"I don't care how mad I am, how far I am, or how long it is since we talk or see each other. I will always be there for you and no matter the distance I will always protect you. You understand me?"

Miranda nodded slowly, growing nervous under his gaze.

"I can't hear you, Miranda. Use your words."

"I understand but, Benjamin Warren you have to promise not to hurt that man." she said seriously.

Ben was known to have a temper and he's had a past of being protective. He knew people and he wasn't scared to get dirty.

"I can't promise that and you know that. You knew it before you asked."

She nodded before looking at him again.

The two stared into each other's eyes, they both took glances at each other's lips. They both slowly leaned in until their lips touched. Their lips departed but soon met again, as they kissed slowly. Mirandas hands rubbed Ben's head and pulled his closer if possible. Ben's hands moved slowly down to her backside. He grabbed it roughly causing Miranda to let out a moan. He pecked her lips before kissing her neck. Miranda bit her lip as she got lost in his touch. Ben hooked his hands under her thighs and picked her up making Miranda release a small yelp. Ben had always been strong but it had been years since a man picked her up. He kissed any spot he could reach and then returned to her lips. He took his time on her bottom lip and bit it. Just as he was about to take her upstairs the doorbell rung.

"Damn." Ben lowly groaned, placing her back on her feet.

He walked to the door opening it to reveal Owen with her things.

"These are for Bailey and Callie said to call her when she can." Owen said sitting the bags down, before leaving.

Ben grabbed her things as Miranda looked at him as she tried to calm down.

"Let me show you to your room." Ben said heading upstairs with Miranda following.

They entered a decent sized room with white walls with mostly grey decor and orange accents scattered around. The bed had a grey comforter with white pillows and an orange accent pillow. It had a connected bathroom and a walk in closet. She was definitely going to enjoy it here.

"This is your room. That door is to the closet and that one is to the bathroom. The bathroom has a cabinet with towels and things like that. If you need me, I'll be in the last room to the left of the hall." He said before walking out and closing the door.

Miranda stood there recounting what happened downstairs. She was hot and bothered, not to mention she was already thinking about the kiss they shared in her office. She could only wonder how far things would have gotten if Owen didn't show up. She showered and went to bed.

Ben on the other hand couldn't sleep or stop thinking about all the things he could do to Miranda. He even tried a cold shower and it didn't help. He groaned, turning over in the bed trying to go to sleep.