First Meet

"Karev, O'Malley with me!" Bailey shouted making her way to the emergency bay.

"Ooooh bailey, what about me?! I refuse to be on shepherd's service." Yang said rushing past karev nd O'malley.

"Scut!"

"But-" Yang tried to protest as the ambulance pulled in front of them.

" GO, YANG! Now what do we have?"

"Black male, mid 40's, GSW to the arm and abdomen. We gave him some morphine to help with pain. His name is Benjamin Warren."

Mirandas gut filled with butterflies and her mind filled with thoughts.

What happened to him? Whered he been all this time? Did she still love him? Was he going to be okay? Was she still upset with him? 

She quickly pushed the thoughts aside as they moved him into the hospital bed.

"Okay, O'Malley get the bleeding in his arm controlled while I work on his abdomen. Karev go get an OR open and both of you get ready to scrub in."

The operation took longer than expected, he had complications and almost didn't pull through.

Exiting the OR Bailey asked Karev to call his family.

"I already did, they are in the waiting room. You want me to go?-"

"Oh,no. I got it."

Karev nodded as she made her way their. She was faced with what used to be her second family.

"Miranda?!" Ros questioned quickly standing up to meet the woman.

"Benjamin is stable, it will be a while before he wakes up. I will have a nurse show you to his room. Hes going to need rest and some physical therapy but he will be fine."

Before the family could speak she walked away and made her way to her office and took a deep breath. Tears fell down her face as she exhaled a shaky breath. It had been years since she'd seen Ben and they didn't end pretty. She quickly wiped her fallen tears and got ready to head home for the day.

When she got home she stripped off her jacket and clothes, leaving her underwear. She reached into her dresser and reached into the back to grab a small box. She opened it and pulled out old photos of her and ben, a small note, and a small box. She wouldn't dare open the box, knowing how much it would ache her heart. She sighed and put the box back to where she found it. She took a shower and got ready for bed. She prayed tomorrow someone would take her service so, she wouldn't have to be faced with her past. As she tried to go to sleep the old feeling of her bed feeling empty soon returned. It had been years since she thought of his frame in her bed. She tossed and turned before her mind calmed and she slowly slipped into sleep.