CH. 10: Bullet Curve

Time and fate is running down on everyone's time, the sun is starting to almost touch the horizon, and the train is still speeding through.

Only that, it enters another yard, for the use of cars to be transported, but alas..

*The sounds of the screeching wheels going through the yard*

The yard masters were quite busy on the switches, trying to avoid direct collisions with other locomotives.

Electric trains pass by, carrying intermodal containers, belonging to those of VR Intermodal, Goos Logistics, A lot of others.

Then it enters another city from the yard, known to be as Grand Northern City, known for their forested canyon along with a history of their grandness.

But we're not here to focus on the city, we're here for a chase.

A Shadow Express E950 Locomotive passes by the screeching runaway, carrying 1 cargo car and 7 coaches, 5 single deck, 2 double.

Considering the dire situation, tracks were kept straight as to not to interfere with curves or any other things.

But there was one thing to note about the city..

You see, in the rail system, there's a curve at a refinery, the reason for the curve is actually because in the premises of the refinery, it's actually below ground level due to the shiftment before civilization, causing a slope-type area to be made, which was when the refinery was built along with the tracks passing by.

Although there is something noteworthy about the curve, and that is the fact it is designed for low speed use along the fact it is single tracked, meaning the fact only one train can pass through at a time.

The reason for that is because during the design, the city wasn't necessarily needing a huge amount of tracks to be used, but when modernization came in, they needed more rails to support trains, however, because of the already built bridge and area, they needed to consider expanding it without delaying other trains of means.

And now, with that said, the runaway would then start going for the curved bridge.

"Ah shit!"

"What is it?"

"The CURVE!"

"OH FUCK!"

The VRD vehicles had to divert to the other direction of where the curved bridge would go.

The helicopters were busy still chasing, then the pursuit helicopter started to go low to see what they can do.

Meanwhile, Cedar is still watching, hands on brakes, throttle, anything in mind.

Colin is trying to deal with the car braking, trying to get them to slow down despite the 2 consisted HPT85E locomotives doing the lead, causing havoc.

But as he got up to the tops, his pupils shrank from the horrific sight he was about to see.

That. Damn. Curve.

The tracks started to reduce, from 4 to 3 to 2 and eventually 1 as stated from the building of the bridge.

The refinery was alerted prior before the train reached the city, and they are busy trying to get the refinery offline from anything to prevent explosions.

But just because a train carrying hazardous materials would eventually derail to the refinery while it was offline doesnt mean things would go okay.

Back to the runaway, the rattling of the tracks are heard, the train is now entering the bridge rails, and lord and behind, chaos would soon start.

*Heavy rattling, screeching, and noise, while the runaway is going through the curve*

Colin is grabbing onto the railings on one of the tanker cars, trying to avoid any sudden movements that could lead him to fall from the bridge.

But the acceleration would eventually spill disaster..

*The speed of the locomotives starts to cause the entire train to start tilting on the left while the curve is moving for the right*

The news reporter exclaims.

"HOLY SHI-"

Along with AVRA&M.

"WHAT THE FUC-"

And Cedar himself.

"SON OF A BITC-"

And because of the huge tilt, Colin suddenly looses grip of the railing in the tanker car.

"AHHHH SHIT-"

Colin grabs onto the ladder while the train is still moving in the tilt, trying not to fall off, having fear and despair in his eyes, not going for a gruesome death.

One of the cars, being a bulk flatbed type, had its ropes broken off due to the weight of large pipes while it's at the tilt, causing the pipes to hit some overhead wiring supports and fall into the refinery.

"GUYS LOOK THE FUCK OUT!"

*Large metal crashing, along with the knock over of the supports*

Cedar was feeling the tilt, and that's when he had to use one thing..

*Applying all brakes, even the emergency one*

Cedar applies all of the brakes, and loud screeching is even more heard, sounding like a woman screaming.

And considering his actions, nobody would think this would lead to this..

*The entire train suddenly stops tilting and lands back heavily on the tracks, in perfect position*

His actions stopped the tilt.

Colin gets up to the ladder, heavily relived that he did not fall.

The news reporter, AVRA&M, and the VRD were all relieved that the train didn't derail off the tilt.

The train eventually fully passes by the bridge, back into the city and eventually the forests, while the VRD quickly catch up to pursue.

Colin keeps on getting the cars to start braking, still causing more screeching and sparking.

While they keep on going, there was one thing they kind of not realized about..

And that curve, out of the works from the people of Cedar, Colin, the VRD, helicopters, news reporter..

The bridge marked what would known to be the End Of The Line.

Panic eventually strikes up to everyone, knowing that if they reach the end of the line, not only will it strike that other refinery, but would also mean the worst hazardous disaster known to man, in fact, even the worst one out of all of Prando Island and possibly the world.

With the train reaching the end of the line tracks, it's only certain that fate is near..