If she's this serious and somber about the situation, I found it best to follow her advice. Hesitantly, I sat on the vanity placed on the left side of Joohyun's bed so I would be facing Jennie-ssi as well.

"How much was Hyun able to tell you?" Jennie-ssi started probing.

"We only talked about how Jimin-ie was adopted and then we stopped since the little girl asked for Hyun's help with writing something." I explained. "Come to think of it, the last thing that we talked about was about her being a wonderful mother." I added after getting a better memory of the most recent scenario before everything turned for the worse.

I saw Jennie-ssi rubbing her forehead obviously frustrated with something which I still don't know what. Was it something that I said? What's so wrong about praising her as a mother? Shouldn't she be flattered about it?

"Why Jennie-ssi? Did I say something wrong?"

"No." She shook her head. "It's not your fault. After all, you know nothing back then. It was also a subject that the both of you would have tackled sooner or later."

"What do you mean? You kept mentioning that something happened 6 years ago. What exactly happened?"

This time, I'm the one using a tone that demands answers. Everything's not making sense right now and I'm determined to get to the bottom of this! Something terribly wrong must have happened to Joohyun 6 years ago for her to be affected like this. She has always been a strong and care-free person and seeing her broken like this breaks my heart to pieces.

Sensing the urgency and despair coming from me, she took a deep breath and started with a look of remorse.

"I believe that Joohyun should be the one telling this story since it is HER story, but seeing her unconscious right now means that she can't do it. Retelling her past would only break her once again and I refuse to watch her crumble like before." Tears are now rolling down her cheeks and her eyes are shut tight as if pushing that image of what was Joohyun before out of her mind. "Not now. Not ever again!" She exclaimed with so much conviction.

The way she acts right now only shows how much she suffered as well when she witnessed everything. Seeing her react like this assured me of how much she treasures Joohyun. Somehow I feel relieved.

"Are you ready Taehyung-ssi?"

I gave her a light nod to say that I am ready.

"Well..." She paused to take a deep breath once again. "This is how Bae Joohyun lost her future and your first born."

Completing her sentence, she gave me a look of sympathy and that's when I found out; she's right. I did need to take a seat for this; I WILL turn to jelly after hearing all of this. As a matter of fact, it feels closer to having all of your bones removed from your body leaving you hollow; empty. What scares me most is the fact that it's just the start.
——
It was April Fools' Day when she found out about the news. The past few days, she noticed some unusual and suspicious things about herself and it has been bugging her ever since, she had enough and finally got the courage to actually get some confirmation from a specialist.

When she got out of the Ob-Gyne clinic, she felt like all of her energy was drained out of her but she can't help but laugh at the situation. Who wouldn't when she feels like even the Universe is joining in on the celebration of the day and she was unfortunate enough to be the victim this time?

It's not like she hates the thought of being pregnant because she doesn't. Truth be told, she was actually very happy about the news especially since she's bearing the child of the person she loves the most. What's bothering her is the fact that she's not ready yet, both of you are not ready yet. She's still a year from graduating and the father of her child has bigger dreams, dreams that will not allow this kind of responsibility and distraction in order to be fulfilled. Joohyun's not someone that can take the guilt of being the reason for someone not reaching their dreams or even stopping the perfect flow of their lives. Especially not the dreams and life of the person she loves.