GRANDMOTHER'S MATCHMAKING

2 NOVEMBER 2023, 8

2 NOVEMBER 2023, 8.00 p.m.,

SHOCK!! A strong emotion or expression. That's what I am feeling right now. I didn't think even in my dreams that my Dadi would find a girl for me so soon. After giving my consent for marriage which was about a week ago, I thought it was impossible to get a proposal in this short time. Right now I am sitting in our rooftop lounge with my family. Dadi just now dropped the proposal bomb on me. What happened is that she met her long-time best friend after many years today in Mahalakshmi temple and her best friend was also looking for a groom for her granddaughter, So they both decided to give this proposal a try. From the expression of my family members, I can understand that they already know about this and are anxious about my response.

"So, what is your opinion dear? Will you meet the girl?" Ma asked

"I know it was unexpected and quick. You gave consent for marriage only 3 days ago. Now I brought you the proposal of the granddaughter of my old best friend." Dadi said. I was still trying to let the information sink in. After finding words to reply I replied,

"Dadi, what was the response from their side? Is the girl okay with the idea of marriage and meeting me?"

"She told me she will give me her granddaughter's opinion this week. Has this not a decision to be made in haste, she asked for a bit of time"

"Alright, Let the response come from their side. If it is positive I will go and meet the girl okay!"

Everyone nodded in agreement. I saw a glimpse of hope in Dadi's eyes, I can understand that she wants this proposal to move forward. In some part of my heart even I had a bit of hope, I don't know why I had an intuition that this would work out.

I laid down on the bed after completing all my work and night routine and fell into a dreamless slumber.

6 NOVEMBER 2023;

6 NOVEMBER 2023;

AT BAY VIEW CAFE, 3.45 PM.

Right now, I am waiting for the prospective groom whom my Dadi and mumma have found for me. I don't know much about him except his name, age, and that he is the grandson of the best friend of my dadi and nani (maternal grandmother). The truth is I wanted to know all the other details from him. I still couldn't believe that I said 'Yes' for this meeting. I remember that day as yesterday when my Dadi asked my consent for this meeting,