DECISION TO MOVE ON

16 OCTOBER 2023, 8

16 OCTOBER 2023, 8.30 p.m.,

"Dadi, I don't want to get married not now, not ever," I said.

"But dear, you're 28 now. It's the right age for your marriage," 

"I agree," chimed in my ma. 

"I won't get married. This is my final word," I said before leaving the room.

I was sitting on my balcony, feeling upset about my behavior. I realized that I had never said 'NO' to my dadi until today, and this thought disappointed me. The cool night breeze, which usually helps me calm down, didn't seem to work this time. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear Dadi coming in. But as she lovingly caressed my head, I relaxed a bit. After a moment of silence, Dadi spoke. 

"Dear, I know why you disagreed with me," she said. After a pause, she continued, 

"But it happened six years ago. You should have moved on by now."

"I have moved on" I lied.

"If you have then why don't you want to get married" she questioned. I was tongue-tied because she was right.

"Dear, if one doesn't let go of the past, it can negatively impact their present and future. The past is like a thorn in your foot - if it's not removed, it can cause infection."

"Do you love someone else Ram? Is that why you don't want to get married ?" She asked shocking me.

"No, dadi. There isn't anyone in my life."

"Then what's the matter?"

"I'm worried we won't be able to understand each other and it could ruin our lives." I opened up about my worries.

"Ram without trying how will you know the result?"

"what if history repeats itself?"

"We are all here to help you. Please, dear, for our sake. Your dadu and I aren't getting any younger. We would love to see our great-grandchildren."

"Okay, I will meet the girl you mentioned, speak with her, and then make a decision. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes Ram, that's enough. You agree to meet the girl, then decide," she said happily and brought me into a hug.

"Come let's get you to bed. It's already late" She said after pulling away.

"But - " I tried to argue and she interrupted me

"No, take a break. Otherwise, my granddaughter-in-law will be lonely in this room. And this is my order. Overworking isn't good for your health, do you understand?" I nodded.

"Come on, get on the bed"

I got into bed as instructed. She covered me with the duvet and adjusted the AC to the right setting. She caressed my head gently until I fell asleep.

Gayathri kissed his forehead and got up to leave the room

Gayathri kissed his forehead and got up to leave the room. With one last glance at Ram, she switched off the lights and left. When she reached all the elders were there waiting anxiously. She sat near Devadutt and sighed.

"Mummyji What happened? Did he agree?" Kaushalya asked.

"Yes, he agreed to meet the girl will say. But, the final decision will be his"

"That's okay. It's better than him refusing to get married"

Gayathri nodded with a small smile and a small frown took over her forehead. This was noticed by Sruthilaya so she asked her - 

"What happened, Ma? Is anything wrong?" 

"Ram is still stuck in the past. He hasn't moved on. this could affect his present as well as his future."

"Ma, don't worry. Once he gets married he will be able to move on"

"I also wish the same"

"Mummyji, leave these thoughts. We have the biggest task ahead. To find our Ram his better half" 

"Yes, I will find a girl who will be My Ram's biggest everything"

"She will be my RAM'S SITA"

***********************************************

HERE IS THE 2ND CHAPTER MY READERS!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND LOVE YOU GUYS GAVE ME

The votes you gave me are pushing me to make this story your top read. I will accomplish this mission.

THANKS TO THOSE WHO ADDED MY STORY TO THEIR READING LIST

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND SWEET DREAMS !!!