"Adonis" I started off trying to find the words to express to him how I was feeling. "Even in that position I looked at you with respect and like you can be everything for me because you are my man" I started off  as he turned his head to look at me.

"I don't know what your past relationships were like but How I view you or my respect doesn't go away because you're in pain or vulnerable, you're human baby

"I don't know what your past relationships were like but How I view you or my respect doesn't go away because you're in pain or vulnerable, you're human baby. My respect comes from how you treat me, how you treat others , your hustle, your respect and compassion for me and others not for you being vulnerable." I corrected. "You are my safe space just like I'm yours. Don't ever feel less of a man because you're in a state of vulnerability because to me a man being vulnerable is more of a man than him being hard and putting on a front " I explained.

"I knew you were in pain mentally and physically and all I wanted to do was help ease it because I love you" I expressed. "Too much is happening to our black men mentally because they feel like they have to never show weakness or be vulnerable because of the world and black women as well and I refuse to lose you to that mentality too" I assured as we just looked at each other. "My thing is I never thought you couldn't beat Ivan" I honestly admitted. "Your motives for going into the fight wasn't pure. You went into it conceited, angry and not listening or trying to listen to anybody and although you can be stubborn I knew that wasn't you going into that fight" I said as he looked down at Amara asleep on his chest then he looked back at me. "I know you just like you know me D" I reminded him.

"I know" he said as I smiled some feeling as if a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I turned my head back to look at the ceiling. I then felt a kiss on my cheek which made me faintly smile. I turned my head to look at him as he just looked me in my eyes. "I'm sorry baby girl" he apologized as I simply nodded. "It's okay" I assured "you're okay" I reassured. Rubbing his cheek softly with my thumb. I looked down at Amara still asleep sucking on her pacifier. "She just wanted her daddy" I said through a small laugh as Donnie smiled and looked down at her. "Here let me go put her in the crib" I said sitting up as he sat up and I got up taking her from his hands.

I held her in my arms and smiled down at her peacefully asleep. I walked towards her room placing a couple of kisses on her head before walking into her room and placing her in the crib. Once she was in the crib I turned on a night light and turned out the light before closing her room door behind me.

I walked back out into the living room to see Donnie about to walk out of the living room into the kitchen but he just stopped in his tracks when he seen me walking up to him. We just waited our arms around each other, no words were spoken just taking in his warm embrace....it's been a minute. Donnie then kissed my head "Good night baby girl" he said as we pulled away some to look at each other "good night D" I said as we shared a small smile. "Imma be out here if you need anything" he assured me going to finish what he was about to originally do.I walked to the room and just looked at the king sized bed that was made up. I was tired of sleeping in this bed alone, last night was the first time in a long time I actually got some good sleep and he was right next to me.