Thirty Two

The car ride was silent but it was a nice silent, the soft humming of the music coming from the radio and the drumming of Axel's fingers against the steering wheel is all I could focus on

The silver ring on his right ring finger glistened in the last remaining sun light, why do I find rings on men's fingers so fucking attractive?

Especially when they're wrapped around my neck...

Around twenty minutes later we arrived at our destination, my eyes that were previously glanced down look up and a smile appears on my face. "A carnival?" I ask with slight amusement.

"Yes." He responds. "It's only in town for a couple of days and I thought It would be the perfect place for yes day—evening, plus there's a few things we can tick off the list whilst we're here."

"I'm so excited!" I beam practically forcing the seat belt off me and getting out of the car.

I grab my bag slinging it around my chest and meet Axel at the front of his car, he holds his hand out and my own immediately comes into contact with it intertwining our fingers— the cold mental of his rings sending shivers down my spine.

Once we reach the entrance Axel pays for both our tickets and we head off inside.

My smile widens as I take a look around at all the flashing lights, the people and oh my god is that a donut stand? I'm definitely going there later.

Axel tugs at my arm when I stop walking and I apologise as he starts walking over to a coffee stand, we wait in line for a couple minutes until it's our turn.

"What can I get you both?" The man asked.

"Two coffees please, milk and one sugar." Axel responds sending a smug look in my direction.

"Axel no." I warn him letting go of his hand.

He knows I don't like coffee.

"What?" He acts all innocent as the guy passes the coffee's over the counter, Axel hands him the money and thanks him.

"I don't like coffee, you know that." I tell him with a frown.

"Take the coffee Rose." He demands.

"No."

He shoves the steaming hot cup towards me. "Sorry what was that?" He says lifting his other hand with the other coffee towards his ear. "It's yes evening no? Aren't you suppose to say yes to everything I say tonight? Was that not on your bucket list?"

"Axel."

"Rose."

"Ugh!" I complain grabbing the coffee from his hand. "I'm not drinking it."

"I never said you had to." He shrugs turning his head away from me.

I could strangle him.

Strangle myself.