Twenty

All of Saturday was spent nursing a hangover from hell

I tell myself every time I drink that I won't go to that extreme again but at the end of the day, I'm just lying to myself.

We spent the day watching movies, eating food and catching up.

When I woke up Sunday morning I sprung out of bed in the happiest mood, after showering and brushing my teeth I shoved on some sweats and a matching hoodie before grabbing my shoes and making my way downstairs.

"Morning princess." Dad says as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning." I smile.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks grabbing his keys from the counter.

"Yes."

"Perfect, let's go then!" He beams.

I follow after him as he exits the kitchen and opens the front door, he allows me to walk before him and I thank him walking towards the passenger side of his car and getting in when he clicks it open.

Strapping my seatbelt on, dad gets in the car and starts it then we make our ten minute journey to the diner.

During the car ride we made small talk and when we pulled up to bills I was quick in jumping out of the car and heading straight to my usual booth, thankful it was empty.

"Hi guys, I'm Louisa and I'll be your server this morning... can I get you started with any drinks?" She asks.

"I'll have a black coffee please." Dad replies.

"Erm, I'll have an orange juice and can we get a pitcher of water too please." I respond.

"Sure thing, I'll be right out with your drinks and then I'll take your order." She smiles before walking away.

I've never been a coffee type of person, the whole house were crazy coffee freaks but I couldn't stand the smell of it let alone the taste.

My go to hot drink was always hot chocolate, now I could have that any time of the day all year round, with whipped cream on top and nine marshmallows, you couldn't go wrong.

Louisa comes back with our drinks and we thank her before ordering our breakfast. I go for a breakfast wrap with scrambled egg, bacon, cheese, hash brown and sausages whilst dad goes for the eggs Benedict.

I take a sip of my fresh orange juice and decide now is the time to tell dad shout Larissa calling me.

"So I erm-" I clear my throat. "I need to tell you something."

"Who's ass do I need to beat?" He asks sternly.

I laugh. "W-what? You think I'd let some fucker break my heart?"

"That's true." He nods with a smile. "So what's got your so worked up?"

I take a deep breath before taking a sip of my orange juice. "Larissa has been calling me."