[PREVIEW] Chapter One

The bus rumbles along the dirt road; blurred evergreens fly by the windows. Counselor Hunt stands firm-footed at the front of the bus behind the driver, his salt and peppered jaw wagging up and down as he waves his clipboard around like it's an extension of his arm. The front row of boys sit tall-backed against their chairs, away from the clipboard's sharp edges. I clutch my backpack tight by my side as I try to figure out what's going on. With my earbuds firmly planted in my ears, I can't hear a thing, but I can see the spittle flying. It's kind of funny. Kind of a relief that for once, it's not me who's in trouble with old man Hunt. The man is unpredictable. Soft and parental one moment, screaming the next.

I steal a glance towards the apparently so-sexy TA, Jacob. He hovers at Hunt's side, unsure about asserting his newfound power. He's not much older than me, but he's bigger. Broader. Tanner. When he turns around, the sunlight through the bus window shines on the two bubbles beneath his tight-clad cargos. The girls behind me haven't shut up about how hot he is the whole ride. I didn't see it until now. Normally it's not men I'm looking at, but I have to admit, that's a nice ass on anybody.

This is a bi-annual thing for us. Mr Hunt, which is not what the boys call him when we finally get a chance to share stories, is the hero of campus. He takes the kids who got the most detention mid-year and takes them up to the mountains to teach us survival skills. As if half of us aren't latchkey kids anyway.

You'd think if the concept was so successful, I wouldn't be here every term, yet here I am again for the third time. Hunt thinks he can break us. Reform us. Use us for his pleasure. I've seen him take the older guys into his cabin in the middle of the night. Heard their moans, too. I don't know what he's got planned for this trip now that I'm one of those older guys, but with my brand new attitude, it's going to be a wild ride. For him.

[FREE on KU] Claimed by the Counselor: The Camp Leader by Blue Pierce

amazon.com/dp/B0BNC7853T