Chapter thirty-five ALTERNATE ENDING

WHAT IF: Wendy wasn't at the Creel House?

3rd Person POV:

Wendy let out a yelp as she entered through the gate in Eddie Munson's trailer, now in the Upside Down version of it.

"I don't like that," Wendy said as she dusted her hands on her pants. She followed Steve, Nancy, Robin, Eddie, and Dustin outside.

"Luckily after this, we'll only do it one last time," Dustin shrugged, adjusting his bandana.

"Okay, do we remember the plan?" Nancy asked.

"Max distracts Vecna," Dustin said. Wendy couldn't help the sour look on her face. She still has that vision imprinted in her head.

"We distract the demobats," Eddie added.

"And we kill Vecna," Robin finished while holding a Molotov cocktail.

"Mhm, Wendy, a word," Steve said, not even waiting for her answer before he's dragging her away back inside the trailer.

"What was that for?" Wendy grumbled as she fixed her jacket.

"You have that stupid look on your face again and I don't like it," Steve said.

"What? No, I don't," Wendy denied.

"Yes, you do," Steve said. "I want you to give me your word that you will not do anything stupid and get yourself hurt. I want your word that you'll stay safe."

"Steve, this is a waste of ti-"

"Give me your word," Steve insisted.

Wendy sighed and nodded.

"No, I want you to say it," Steve said. "I know you and I know how you are. Say it."

"Steve-"

"Say it, Wendy!" Steve said, grabbing the lapels of her jacket, making her look at him in shock. "I will not lose you.."

"You have my word that I won't get hurt," Wendy said slowly.

"And?" Steve pressed.

"I won't do anything stupid and I'll stay safe," Wendy finished.

"I have your word?" Steve asked again.

"You have my word," Wendy repeated.

"Good," Steve said. "If anything turns to shit, I want you to be the first one out of here, understand?"

Wendy nodded. Steve let her go and fixed her jacket. He left the trailer first, Wendy staring at his back in sadness.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Wendy plugged in the amp, giving Dustin a thumbs up.

"All set, Eddie!" Dustin said.

"Chrissy, this is for you," Eddie muttered as he ripped off his guitar pick necklace.

Wendy and Dustin couldn't help but watch in complete awe as Eddie played Master of Puppets by Metallica.

"How did he learn this song so fast? It must've come out, like, last week," Wendy called out to Dustin.

"Because he's Eddie and he's awesome!" Dustin gushed.

Wendy turned her head to watch as the demobats swarmed into the skies, now heading straight towards them.

"10 seconds!" Dustin shouted to Eddie over the music.