Wendy's Close Call

3rd Person POV:

"Oh f-fuck.." Wendy shuddered, looking around the empty trailer.

Wendy immediately started to look for a weapon, anything she could use against Vecna, even if it was temporary.

"It's no use, Wendy," Vecna's voice seemed to sound all around her. Wendy grabbed a large knife and held it tight in her grip.

"I don't give a damn what you think!" Wendy called out, standing in the center of the living room. "I'm not ready to die and you are pretty stupid to think I'm not going down without a fight!"

"I knew you would," Vecna was right behind her. Wendy turned around and was about to stab him but a sudden force made her still. She let out a grunt, trying her best to fight against it but to no avail. "But it would be pointless."

Wendy was flown backward, the knife falling from her hands. She landed on her back but started to stand back up again. She looked around her surroundings. She wasn't in Eddie's trailer anymore. She was back in the classroom three years ago, the night she and the others thought they lost El, the night she almost died.

Wendy felt her sword in her hand, looking down at it in confusion. The screech of the demogorgon made chills down her spine. Wendy ducked out of the way as it swiped at her. She quickly swiped the sword, slicing the demogorgon's arm.

"I went through this once already," Wendy squared her shoulders and held her sword with two hands. "This doesn't scare me anymore."

With a yell, Wendy fought against the creature, stabbing it through the chest and killing it.

"That'll be you next!" Wendy shouted, twirling her sword in preparation.

"Will it?" Vecna asked, appearing in the classroom. The classroom walls started to disappear, the world turning red. It was exactly how Max described this place.

"I refuse to be one of your victims, I refuse to let you hurt my friends, I refuse to let you hurt Max! I am sick of this Upside Down bullshit!" Wendy said. She pointed the tip of the sword towards him. "If killing you means stopping this once and for all, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'll take this sword and ram it through your heart."

"What sword?" Vecna asked.

The sword disappeared from Wendy's hands, making her confidence falter. She forgot she was practically in his domain. He could do anything. He could kill her right now. But Max said Vecna restrained her when he was about to kill her, why hasn't he done the same to her? Why is he letting her fight back?

"Oh, my love, my darling, I've hungered for your touch a long, lonely time."

Wendy could feel the relief in her bones. They must've saved Nancy in time to save her.

Wendy saw, what looked to be, a portal. She saw herself surrounded by her friends, her shoulders being held by Max and Steve.

"Time goes by, so slowly, and time can do so much. Are you still mine? I need your love. I need your love. Godspeed your love to me."

"It is almost time," Vecna said just before Wendy could run to the portal. Wendy halted in confusion. He wasn't going to kill her? Wendy tried to move again but Vecna used his powers to hold her still. "Time for the final choice."

"Lonely rivers flow, to the sea, to the sea, to the open arms of the sea. Lonely rivers cry, wait for me, wait for me."

Wendy looked between Vecna's face and Vecna's clawed hand as it went closer and closer to her head.

"Either you or Max will be the final step of my creation," Vecna said. "It will either be you or Max who will die, my chosen one. You must choose."

"Choose who dies?" Wendy asked with a grunt, looking at him full of hate.

"The sacrifice," Vecna said. "I will show you what would happen to the girl you love if she were chosen."

Wendy gasped as the visions filled her head. She screamed in fright as she saw Max's bones get broken, and Max's beautiful eyes taken away. It felt like her heart was being ripped out of her chest.

"Stop it!" Wendy screamed, tears running down her face. "No!"

"I'll be coming home, wait for me my love, my darling. I've hungered for your kiss a long, lonely time."

"You must choose," Vecna said. "Will you save the girl you love?"

Wendy wept when she saw Max's dead body fall to the harsh ground.

"Time goes by, so slowly, and time can do so much. Are you still mine? I need your love. I need your love. Godspeed your love to me."

Wendy was freed and she didn't think twice about running to the portal as fast as she could.

"Make your decision, Wendy," Vecna said, his voice looming inside Wendy's head.

"Fuck you!" Wendy shouted, jumping into the portal.

Wendy let out a shout, raising her fist for a right hook before her hand was caught. She looked at everyone with wild eyes.

"Holy shit!" She gasped. She actually made it out, just like Max did.

"You did it!" Max said, hugging her tightly.

"I did it.." Wendy was just relieved that Max was still alive, but the vision was still behind her eyes. "I did it.."

Wendy held Steve's hand, giving him a weak smile.

"Since when did you get that vest?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wendy's favorite song is 'Unchained Melody' by Elvis Presley, I think this song describes Wendy very well.

Wendy is faced with a choice. Will she spill the beans? Will she keep it a secret? Will she confess to Max and hope it's not another hallucination? 

Leave a vote and comment what you think!