Chapter thirty

3rd Person POV:

Wendy sat at the trailer park bench with the others, including Nancy. Her leg bounced as she looked around the area, her eyes catching the Munson trailer that had police tape all around it. The sight of it put a chill down Wendy's spine.

"Wendy, hey," Nancy caught her attention.

"Huh?" Wendy asked, looking at Nancy. Everyone was already standing up from the table and heading to the cars.

"You okay?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah, I just got the heebie-jeebies.." Wendy said with a forced smile.

"Wanna come with me and Robin to the library?" Nancy asked. "See if we can find something related to Victor Creel?"

"Um," Wendy looked at Steve. Steve gave her a small nod. Wendy looked back to Nancy. "Yeah, sure."

Wendy got off the bench and followed Nancy and Robin to Nancy's car. Wendy sat in the backseat, looking out the window and Nancy drove to the library. Once they arrived at the library, the three girls exited the car and entered the building that was practically empty.

"So just..anything on Victor Creel?" Wendy asked.

"Yup, anything that you think could help," Nancy confirmed.

The three girls went to the newspaper section and each took on armfuls of old newspapers to dig through.

Wendy sat by herself at a table, flipping through each newspaper to look for the name 'Victor Creel' or 'Creel family', but so far, nothing. She sighed tiredly, resting her cheek on her fist in boredom, the sound of a ticking clock in the background of the otherwise quiet library.

Wendy heard footsteps approaching her from behind, probably Nancy or Robin to check on her progress.

"Nothing so far," Wendy drawled. "I think this specific paper is before the Creels anyway.."

A hand was placed on her shoulder, making Wendy jolt in surprise. She turned her head to look in question. She widened her eyes, frozen in shock. It was the man who tortured her in the Russian base under the Starcourt Mall. The man raised the cattle prod, turning it on, the buzz making Wendy jump up and back away in fright, a yelp escaping her lips but was drowned out by the sound of the chair and the table scraping the floor loudly.

"Wendy?!" Robin and Nancy ran around a shelf, seeing Wendy backed against the wall.

Wendy looked at them and back to where she saw the man, but he wasn't there anymore.

"What happened?!" Robin asked.

"I-I.." Wendy stuttered, blinking in confusion, and tried to calm her racing heart. "I thought I saw a..spider.."

"Jesus, Wendy, you're nose," Nancy raced over while taking a tissue out of her pocket. "It's bleeding."

"What?" Wendy asked, then felt the drip of blood on her lips. She grabbed the tissue and wiped the blood. "Shit."

"Did you hit your face or something?" Robin asked.

"It's probably the dry air or something, I'm fine," Wendy said. "Did you guys find anything?"

"Yeah, turns out Victor Creel went to the authorities and said a 'demon' killed his family," Robin said while holding up the newspaper.

"The 'demon' being Vecna?" Wendy asked, relieved her nose stopped bleeding. She threw away the tissue in a nearby trash can.

"Well, only way to find out," Nancy said with a shrug, but couldn't help but give Wendy a worried look. "Hey, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night, it's probably kicking me in the ass," Wendy shrugged. "Let's go tell the others."

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Nancy, Robin, and Wendy met the others at the high school, where Max was explaining the symptoms Chrissy and Nancy's newspaper buddy, Fred, were experiencing before they died.

"They all had headaches, nightmares, and nosebleeds. Chrissy's symptoms started 7 days ago, Fred, 6 days ago," Max said. "I've been having them for 5 days.."

"But that means-"

"I have until tomorrow," Max finished for Dustin.

"Wait, nosebleeds?" Robin asked. "Wendy had a nosebleed today at the library."

"What?!" Steve, Dustin, and Max asked, Steve the loudest.

"No no no, it was nothing," Wendy shook her head. "Dry air, that's all."

"Wendy, you had a headache at the pep rally," Max pointed out worriedly.

"It was because everyone was so loud," Wendy excused. "You know how I get at pep rallies."

"What about the nightmares?" Steve asked.

"I haven't had one since last summer," Wendy said. "Guys, I promise you, I'm okay."

"Well, I'm not taking any chances," Steve shook his head. He pointed at her in a warning. "You better tell me if you see any clocks, you got that?"

"Stevie-"

"I mean it," Steve said firmly. He looked at Max. "The both of you. Understand?"

"Fine," Wendy huffed.

A loud noise in the hallway caused everyone to jump in surprise.

Everyone slowly exited the Counsellor's office, Steve holding a lamp as a weapon. They slowly approached the end of the hallway, where the noises were coming from. A figure ran around the corner, making everyone scream and yell in fright.

"It's me!!" Lucas shouted, hunching over to catch his breath. "I just biked..so many miles to get here.."

"Jesus Christ, Lucas!" Steve cried out. "I could've killed you!"

"Everything's turned to shit, man!" Lucas huffed and puffed. "Jason's leading a manhunt for Eddie's head, the whole town will be looking for him!"

"I think we've got bigger issues than that, man," Dustin said, everyone looking at Max and Wendy.

"Oh man, what did I miss?" Lucas asked worriedly.

"A lot.." Wendy muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short chapter today, my fault ya'll. The creative juices aren't flowing as much as I would like.

Full disclosure, I know how I'm gonna end this story, be very afraid. 

Leave a vote and comment what you think!