Chapter fourteen

3rd Person POV:

"Wendy-Bird! Do you copy!?"

Wendy paused in her room in surprise, hearing Dustin's frantic voice through her walkie-talkie. She was in the middle of creating a new art piece.

"Dustin?" Wendy asked through her walkie-talkie.

"Yes, it's me! I need you to come over right now!"

"Where? At your house?" Wendy asked.

"Yes!"

Wendy was confused about why Dustin sounded panicked and why he wanted her to go to his house.

"I know you're not moving Wendy, I have a sixth sense on you by now! Hurry up!"

Wendy scrambled to her feet, putting on her shoes.

"I'm on my way, Dustin," Wendy said into her walkie-talkie.

"Thank god!"

"Steve, I'll be right back!" Wendy called out as she ran out of her room.

"Where do you think you are going?" Steve asked, poking his head out of his room.

"Dustin's house," Was all she said before running down the stairs.

"God, just admit it to yourself already," Steve muttered as he rolled his eyes.

Wendy biked to Dustin's house, well she struggled a little bit since she forgot her backpack to carry her walkie-talkie, but she managed to get there in one piece.

"Dustin?!" Wendy called out when she came to the front of the Henderson house, getting off her bike and putting on the kickstand so it wasn't laying on the dirt.

Dustin appeared at the front door in full hockey goalie gear, making Wendy look at him in shock and confusion.

"Why are you wearing-"

"Shh!" Dustin hissed, quickly waving her over. "Keep very quiet."

"What happened?" Wendy asked him once she entered his house.

"I need your help on making a bologna trail to the backyard," Dustin whispered, holding the package of bologna.

"Why?" Wendy whispered. "That doesn't sound like a two-person job."

"Um.." Dustin hesitated, making Wendy look at him to continue. Maybe he shouldn't tell her that Dart grew bigger and ate Mews. "Dart..escaped his enclosure and I need to put him in a..bigger one?"

Wendy grabbed the bologna package.

"I thought he liked nougat?" Wendy asked.

"Let's just say..his pallet grew along with his size.." Dustin muttered as they both started making a bologna trail from the hallway to the backdoor.

Wendy noticed the cellar door open and was about to ask Dustin when he suddenly grabbed the package of bologna and threw it into the cellar.

"What are you-"

"Into the shed, go!" Dustin said quickly, nudging Wendy with a hockey stick that she just noticed he had.

"I'm not a hockey puck," Wendy said while entering the dark shed.

"No, well, something is about to be," Dustin said, closing the shed door and the two sat in the dark with Dustin looking through the cracks.

"Can I turn on the light?" Wendy asked quietly.