Chapter eleven

3rd Person POV:

Wendy clumsily held her small baseball bat and her backpack on her lap as she sat in the backseat of Steve's car, Nancy in the front passenger seat.

"Just don't whack anybody with that, alright?" Steve asked, turning to look at his sister as soon as he put the car in park in the parking lot of the school. "If they press charges, it's assault with a weapon."

"That fact that you know that is concerning," Nancy furrowed her brows but couldn't fight the smile off her face. She turned to Wendy who in turn looked back at her with an innocent smile. "But he's right, don't hit anybody with it."

"What if I do hit someone, what then?" Wendy asked.

"Then you run," Steve said like it was obvious, Nancy protesting next to him.

"No, don't run," Nancy shook her head quickly.

"Run and hide, stupid people get caught," Steve said.

"I'm not stupid," Wendy nodded once.

"That's right," Steve nodded.

"You are a bad influence," Nancy said as she gave a small slap to Steve's shoulder.

"Uh, no, I'm the one who has to let her know right from wrong most of the time, and making sure she doesn't get caught is the right thing to do," Steve joked, looking toward Nancy.

"Gross! You're looking at her like that again!" Wendy gagged, opening the car door.

"Wait, what look?" Nancy asked, a laugh bubbling in her throat.

"I will kill you," Steve grunted trying to reach in the back seat for Wendy's kid-sized bat but Wendy grabbed it before he could.

"Remember I'm going to Dustin's house after school for trick-or-treating!" Wendy reminded Steve as she left the car and closed the door.

"Have fun!" Nancy called out.

It was silent for the couple for a couple of seconds before Steve broke it.

"You think she has a crush on Henderson?" Steve asked.

"I thought she had a thing for Mike last year?" Nancy wondered.

"I never know with her," Steve shook his head, watching his sister meet up with her friends.

"By the way, who is she supposed to be?" Nancy asked curiously.

"Well, she was gonna be Velma but wasn't comfortable with the tight shirt and skirt, so she settled for..that," Steve sighed. "Yeah, I have no idea, but it looks kind of familiar."

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

"Who you gonna call?!" The boys sang.

"Ghostbusters!" Will cheered.

"Hey guys," Wendy approached them, adjusting her backpack straps and holding her bat in one hand.

"Wait, hold on, why are you Venkman?" Mike asked Lucas.

"Because I'm Venkman," Lucas said.

"No, I'm Venkman," Mike said, pointing to his nametag.

"Why can't there be two Venkmans?" Will asked.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life, we planned this months ago," Mike argued. "I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, Will's Egon, you're Winston, and Wendy's supposed to be Velma from Scooby Doo to fit our ghost theme!"