Chapter twelve

3rd Person POV:

Wendy tailed behind Lucas and Dustin, Will and Mike behind her, as they all went trick-or-treating. Her side still ached but not as much as it did during the day. After a long talk with the guys about her costume, they finally understood. Wendy even had to do the 'Here's Johnny!' to make them understand what movie she was referencing. Although, she could've dressed as one of the ghost twins, but she had no one to do it with. The boys were just surprised that she could watch horror movies without being too scared.

"Wendy, you live in Lock Nora, whose house has the best candy?" Lucas asked.

"Uh-" Before Wendy could give her answer, someone jumped out in front of them with a Michael Myers mask and a fake knife. Wendy doesn't know who screamed louder, Lucas or Dustin.

"Oh my god! You should've seen your faces!" Max laughed as she took off the mask. She pointed to Lucas. "And you, you scream like a girl."

The party watched as Max walked ahead of them before waving them over.

"Aren't you guys coming? I heard this is where the rich people live," Max said.

"Uh, y-yeah," Dustin stuttered, grabbing one end of Wendy's bat to bring her forward. "Wendy knows the best houses!"

"Where the best candy is!" Lucas added.

Wendy blinked in confusion about how Dustin and Lucas were acting.

"Are you two okay?" Wendy whispered to Dustin and Lucas but Dustin merely tugged on the bat.

"Come on, Wendy! After you!" Dustin insisted, both he and Lucas giving her pleading looks, although she doesn't know for what.

"You guys already know I was going to show you, why are you acting like that?" Wendy asked in confusion, leading the group into Lock Nora.

And so, the group started to take advantage of Wendy's knowledge of her neighborhood, finding the best houses with the best candy. All the while Lucas and Dustin mocked the lingo of Californians such as saying 'tubular' in a weird voice, and Max and Wendy looked at them with weird looks.

Mike and Will were trailing behind them, Mike was upset, Wendy didn't see or hear him.

"Did you agree to this?" Mike asked Will.

"What?" Will asked, putting down the camera recorder.

"Her," Mike motioned to Max. "Joining our party."

"It's just for Halloween," Will tried to justify.

"They should've checked with me," Mike said.

"They were excited, I guess they thought you'd be okay with it," Will said. "I-I mean, look at Wendy, she looks happy to be with another girl in the group."

"She's ruining the best night of the year," Mike shook his head, walking faster up a driveway to meet the others at the door.

Wendy turned to look over her shoulder, seeing a scowling Mike coming up the steps but Will wasn't with him.

"Where's Will?" Wendy asked.

"He's right behind..me," Mike trailed off when he noticed Will wasn't with him.

"Uh, we'll be right back," Wendy said to Lucas, Dustin, and Max, running off the front steps of the house and jogging with Mike down the driveway to find Will.

"I swear, he was right behind me," Mike said, scared something happened to Will again.

"He dropped his camera," Wendy noticed, picking up the camera, noticing it was still recording. She turned it off and carried it as she and Mike called for Will.

"Wait, over there," Mike pointed to an area, seeing Will run down a set of stairs and hide.

Wendy and Mike ran over to where Will was hiding and Mike caught his attention, Will shaking in fear as he looked in his surroundings.

"Mike?! Wendy!?" Dustin called out.

"We found him!" Wendy said and the rest of the group ran to their area.

"Is he okay?" Max asked.

"He's fine," Mike said as he took the camera from Wendy's hold. Wendy had to admit, he sounded a bit rude.

"Will, come on, I'm taking you home," Mike said as he helped Will to stand.

"Let us help," Lucas said but Mike refused.

"Just keep trick-or-treating, I'm bored anyways," Mike said, leading Will up the stairs and leaving the rest of the group.

"What was that about?" Max asked.

"Um, nothing," Lucas shook his head.

They went up the stairs and just stood on the sidewalk.

"Wanna keep going?" Wendy asked while holding her sack of candy.

"Is that your brother?" Dustin pointed behind Wendy.

Wendy turned around and saw an angry Steve approaching them.

"Wendy, we're going home," Steve said, not even stopping to look at his sister when he walked past them.

"But-"

"Now!" Steve yelled, surprising Wendy.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow then," Wendy sighed, bidding her friends goodbye, running after her angry brother.

"What's going on?" Wendy asked once she finally caught up to him.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Steve said irritably.

"Okay fine," Wendy said, digging around her candy sack and pulling out a Milky Way. "Want one?"

"Sure," Steve sighed, taking the candy from her hand.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Wendy sat on her bed, dressed in her pajamas, and holding her walkie-talkie in her hands. Once she was sure Steve was asleep, she turned it on and switched to a random channel.

"I still don't know if you can hear me, but I just wanted to let you know that today was Halloween and it was pretty fun," Wendy said into the walkie-talkie. "Met a new girl, named Max. She seems pretty cool, but I can tell Mike doesn't like her. I don't know why though. I think Lucas and Dustin have a crush on her, but I'm not too sure. They kept doing and saying things to impress her and it looks funnier than it sounds. I miss you, we didn't talk much, but I miss you. We all do. I think Mike misses you the most."

Wendy let out a sigh, looking at the Christmas present that sat on her desk that was meant for El.

"I still have your Christmas present, by the way," Wendy said. "I won't tell you what it is, you have to find out for yourself. I hope you're able to, I wanna give it to you personally."

Wendy slouched her shoulders.

"Well, goodnight, El, I hope you're listening and that you're okay wherever you are," Wendy said then turned off the walkie-talkie.

She laid down in bed and turned off her bedside lamp, unaware that El was listening and El was hoping to find out what her Christmas present was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little trick-or-treat action, I guess this is kinda a filler chapter, idk 🤷🏽‍♀️

What do you think El's Christmas present is because I still have no idea 😅

Leave a vote and comment on what you think!