◟̽◞̽

I heard the carriage pulling up outside, I quickly ran down the stairs excited to get to talk to Louis again. He's been on my mind a lot, I'm not sure why but I just can't seem to get him out of my head.

"Harold, compose yourself." My father snaps from the bottom of the stairs as I run down. I quickly stop, fixing my shirt and hair and walking down the stairs normally just as the door opens and the families barge in.

I recognize some of the girls from when I picked them out but ultimately my eyes trail to the blue eyed boy with the unruly hair standing towards the back talking to two littler kids.

"Welcome, valued guest. The maids will show you to your rooms, Harold will be going out to dinner with one of you lucky ladies tonight, set a good example of yourselves." Father says, I didn't know I had to eat with one of them.

"Hello everyone." I say quietly, giving them a small wave. Some of the girls giggle at my awkward wave causing me to sigh.

Well this isn't weird at all, just a bunch of thirteen year old girls coming to live with me so I can marry one of them.

"I'm going for a walk if anyone would care to join me." I murmur before walking away. I hear quick footsteps behind me, all five girls on my trail. I look back and make eye contact with Louis, him giving me a small smile and me returning it.

"how are you ladies doing today?" I ask, not knowing what to say.

"Doing pretty good." Taylor says. "I mean, we're in a castle, can't get much cooler than that." I laugh lightly, opening the door and beginning to walk outside on the grounds, the girls following behind.

"This place is beautiful." Lottie says from beside me.

"Thank you." I smile at her.

I don't realize where I'm heading till I'm standing outside of the stables. Merry Christmas Niall.

"Hazza is that you?" Niall says, walking outside of the barn and immediately stopping when he sees the beautiful girls standing beside me. "Well hello ladies."

I laugh lightly at his reaction. "This is Niall, my best friend." I introduce them.

"Hi Niall." They all chorus.

"Hi girls, to the four or five of you who won't end up with Harry, I'm always here for you-"

"That's enough Niall." I laugh, pushing him backwards lightly.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow Niall."

"See you tomorrow, royal pain in the ass." Niall says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"He's quite the character isn't he." Ruth laughs.

"Yes, Niall's the only other young adult on the property beside me that isn't a guard or maid so I was immediately drawn to his friendship." I say.

"What about your sister?" Kendall asks. Of course she's asking about siblings with her army of sisters I saw when they entered early. Scary.

"She got married when she was twelve and moved in with the guy at his castle. I was still a kid when she left and so was she." I say quietly.

"Hey Harry." I hear from behind me and see Louis standing near the gardens. My face immediately brightens.

"Louis!" I smile running over to him leaving the girls confused.

"Hey, I don't want to sound like a bitch but is there possibly an extra room somewhere I can stay in? Lottie got her own room but I'm stuck in a room with mum, Fizzy, Daisy, and Phoebe and I just... I don't have a bed." Louis says quietly.