Chapter Thirty-Two

"I need both of them!" Malakas ang boses na may kasamang pagdabog na sabi ni Sapphire. "The two of them in exchange for Brandt!"

"They are both enemies of the law and we cannot just simply release them. They are still a threat to everyone's safety."

"What about Brandt's safety?" Tanong ni Saph pabalik kay Agent Hacker. "Aren't you concerned about his safety too? Someone has got him. He's in danger!" Hindi na niya itanago ang pag-aalala. "He's working for this organization, right? So he's one of you and he is your responsibility as well! He even put his life at risk for this agency and the only thing you can do for him is to protect and save him and you're not even willing to do that!"

Hindi na mapigilan ni Lux ang sarili sa galit. Kanina pa siya nagdadabog at pasigaw na nakikipag-usap sa lahat ng naroon. She didn't care anymore if she sounded demanding in front of the agents and the organization's chief. She's running out of time and she must do everything before it's too late.

"We are also worried for his safety and we wanted to save him too but releasing prisoners isn't the best solution for it. These criminals are in our custody and we can't afford to make wrongful decisions just because one of ours has been compromised." Si Agent Seeker naman ang sumagot sa kanya.

Doon napabaling ang atensyon niya.

"What if it was your man who got abducted?" Tanong niya pabalik. "Can you still give those reasons and the remarks that you just said? Can you risk his life by not giving in to the abductor's demand because it was the right thing to do? Can you do that? Can you?!"

Hindi naman nakasagot pabalik si Cataleya sakanya at nanahimik na lang.

"Saph, calm down." Pag-alo sa kanya ni Diamond. "We're not the enemy here."

"How can I fucking calm down?!" Sa kapatid naman siya bumaling at mas lalo lamang nagpupuyos ang damdamin niya. "Someone got my fiance and I don't even know who the fuck is it! And the only thing I can do is to give in to that demand so I could get him back! But you're not helping me!"

"You know better than anyone that dealing with the enemy isn't a good idea. They're just using you- your emotions to control you. This was what Madame has taught us before, right? Emotions are nothing but a leverage that we can use against our targets. And emotional people, they stop listening, they become vulnerable and can be easily manipulated." Ani Striker na hindi na napigilan ang sariling prangkahin din ang kapatid. "And that's what they are doing to you! They're manipulating you, deceiving you and you're just letting them do that! You were once the most brutal, more cutthroat, and the most precise among the Gems so don't fall prey to them."

Sapphire stared at Diamond with utter disbelief. She thought she could understand where she's coming from but it seems that no one in that room actually does. Yet, at the same time her mind wanted to agree with her but because of the changes that happened to her- she doesn't care about anything anymore. The only thing she cares about is saving Brandt.

"Yeah, I become a fool now, so what?!" Asik niya pabalik sa kapatid. "Kung sayo ito nangyari ano ang gagawin mo? Can you handle this situation better if you were in my shoes? Ano ang handa mong gawin para iligtas ang taong mahalaga sayo? Kaya mo bang maghintay na lang at walang gawin habang kapalit niyon ay ang maaaring kapahamakan para sa lalaking mahal mo? Puwes ako hindi!" Humakbang pa siya para magkatapat silang dalawa. "I won't just stand here and do nothing! If I have to fight against all of you to save him, I'll do it... so don't make me." Naroon ang pagbabanta. "You know me very well, Sister.... I never stop until I get what I want. I never back down until I'm done. So you better be prepared to fight against me if you stand in my way!"

Si Yasi naman ngayon ang nagulat sa pananalita niya. Talagang wala siyang planong magpatalo kanino man at babanggain niya ang lahat maski ang taong nakasama niyang lumaki at naging kapamilya.