Chapter Thirty-One

"He still doesn't want to talk?" Saph asked her sister, Diamond.

"His lips are sealed. He's a hard one to crack." Sagot naman ng dalaga.

"If he won't talk then there would be so many questions left unanswered." Frustration is evident in her tone.

"You didn't tell me you joined that illegal battle." Anito kaya nakaramdam siya ng konting guilt.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause trouble. I had to do it." At bahagya niyang ikinuwento ang dahilan niya kung bakit siya napasok sa ganoong sitwasyon.

"And then you teamed up with Brandt and became a spy too?"

"Sort of. But he didn't inform me about the raid. I was clueless." Sagot niya.

"Well, maybe he just wanted you to act normal to evade suspicions from Cornejo."

"Maybe. But I really think that something isn't right. Something doesn't add up and it's kind of frustrating." Balik niya sa paksang gumugulo sa isipan niya.

"You don't believe that either Cornejo or Kazakova was the one behind all of it?" Tanong ni Yasi.

"I believe that Cornejo is part of it. He and Kasakova. But I don't believe that either of them was the one giving orders. I think they were just one of the puppets." Sagot naman niya.

"Whose puppets?" Tanong naman agad pabalik ng kapatid. "Weber's? But he's already dead."

"I know." Hindi talaga mapigilan ni Lux ang prustrasyon niya. "I just couldn't shake this odd feeling. I know something is off. And I don't think one of them is the last Prince of Hell, do you?" Patuloy niya.

"I don't know too, but as long as Cornejo nor Kazakova won't budge and give us any information then they'll both remain as the main culprit here." Ani Yasi.

"But I still need to know about my condition." Sabay turo niya sa ulo. "Who was controlling me all this time? And maybe there's a way to take this out without a risk? Maybe they know how? Maybe Kazakova has an idea coz he's been using Crimson Death."

Kahit tunog desperada na siya ay hindi na niya inalintana iyon. Marami siyang katanungan na gustong mabigyan ng sagot. At alam niyang ang mga bihag lamang ang makakasagot niyon.

"We'll do the best we can to extract information from them. So stop worrying, okay. Baka mas lalong makasama sa iyo iyan at matrigger pa lalo ang chip sa ulo mo." Payo sa kanya ng kapatid.

Napatango na lamang siya dahil naiintindihan niya ang pag-aalala ng kapatid. She couldn't take that risk of triggering the chip inside her head. It'll be like triggering a sleeping monster who can devour the whole world. And her sister- together with her team of agents would need to stop her if ever that happens.

"Now go home and rest coz you don't look okay." And be with your..." Sabay kindat nito sa kanya.

Alam niyang si Finnegan ang tinutukoy nito at inaasar lang siya kaya siya napailing.

"He's not here. He went back to the Philippines the other day to take care of something. His father called him." She said.

"Bakit di ka pa sumama pabalik? Paniguradong hinahanap ka na din ng mga batang napamahal na sayo."

Yes, she missed the kids too. Katatawag nga lang din niya kaninang umaga at patulog pa lamang ang mga bata dahil sa time difference. Masaya siya na maayos na ang pamumuhay ng dalawa dahil parehong pumapasok na sa paaralan at nakakakain na nang maayos araw araw.