Chapter Fifteen

Rebel

It's Finnegan's name inside the ring. He's a legendary fighter just like Juggernaut and he's been in the Underground Fighting industry for more than fifteen years. His impulsive and rebellious behavior has led him to that path and has also lured him to do illegal shits.

"I didn't know you were a legend in the ring?"  Tanong ni Saph pagkalabas nila ng opisina ni Cornejo.

"Am I?" Anito na nakangiti sa kanya. "I didn't have any idea too." Pa-humble pa nitong sabi ngunit halata namang ipinagyayabang. "I just took down all my enemies without a sweat, that's all."

"So you're saying that you were an undefeated champion? Na wala ka ni isang talo?"

Nagkibit-balikat ito at saka lumingon kay Nate na nasa likuran lang niya.

"No losses, not even once, right Juggernaut?" Mayroong kakaibang pang-aasar roon.

"If you had accepted the rematch, you would've lost."

"Nah, you would've lost to me again and that would be a shame on your part." He said smirking.

"You're always so full of yourself, Rebel! Soon, you're going down and I would enjoy watching you crumble."

Ramdam na naman ni Saph ang namumuong tensyon sa pagitan ng dalawa at kung hindi niya pipigilan ay sasabog iyon at siguradong madadamay siya.

"Stop it, you two!" Awat niya. "We're a team now whether you like it or not. I, honestly am against it but we all have no choice but to accept it. So shut up your fucking mouths and try to work together!" Pagalit niya.

Parehong natameme ang dalawa at hindi na sumagot pa. Mabuti naman at nakinig sa kanya.

"I'm going to change and then I'm going home." Ani Saph at humakbang na habang hawak ang tagiliran niya.

"You're hurt!" Si Finn na hinawakan siya sa braso para pigilan. "Let me check."

"I'm fine!" Sabay piksi mula sa pagkakahawak sa braso niya. "It doesn't hurt."

"Napuruhan yang tagiliran mo at siguradong nagpasa na dahil sa bugbog." Si Nate naman ang pumigil sa kanya na hindi siya hinahawakan. "Let's go to the clinic and let the nurse in charge check it."

"I said I'm fine!" Tanggi rin niya sa binata. "It doesn't hurt."

"Not just because you don't  feel any pain it means that you're okay. Your body isn't made of metal-"

"This is my body and I know when I'm okay and when I'm not." Putol ni Saph kay Finnegan.

"Do you?" Si Nate. "You're numb to any feelings but still, you have to prioritize your condition. You can't fight if your body isn't fit anymore." Na akmang hahawakan siya ngunit umatras siya.

"I said this is my body and I will be the one to decide if I'm fit to fight or not-and I am! So stop pushing me, okay?!" Na tinalikuran na ang dalawa. Ngunit bago pa man siya makailang hakbang ay nagulat siya nang umangat ang katawan niya sa lupa. "What the hell?!!" Sigaw niya kay Brandt pagkabuhat nito sa kanya.

"Napakatigas din ng ulo mo noh?" Ani Finn na naniningkit ang mga mata. "Ang hirap mong paliwanagan. Wala kang pinakikinggan."

"Put me down!" Madiin niyang sabi. "I said, put me the goddam down-"

"I will!" Putol nito sa kanya na bahagyang tumaas ang boses. "Once you're inside the car, okay?! Geez, you're losing my patience, Lady! Can't you see that this is for you? If you have incurred any injuries, you won't be able to join the tournament in Mexico. They're very strict because they only want the best fighters around the world to be part of the biggest underground fighting. So just like what Juggernaut said, if you're not fit to fight then you'll be out. And if you're out, we're out too because we're a team, remember?."