"Thanks Ao'nung! I'm going to show Kiri! She loves these shells, and she showed me a big one once, and I could hear the waves! Well, not the beach ones but- wait, no. It sounded like the beach but it wasn't, it was inside the shell! How did the waves sound get trapped in there? Does it take a long time? How come-" Ao'nung grabbed her and hoisted her to sit on his hip and she giggled. Holding his shoulder, Tuk ran her fingers in her braids, inspecting Ao'nung's handiwork.

Ever since he had been exposed to Neteyam's mother as not being able to braid, Ao'nung had been receiving daily braiding lessons from his boyfriend's mother, practicing on Neteyam's own hair. Tuk was a more willing volunteer however. He had improved hugely in the time since, but still didn't manage to replicate some of the more ocmplicated patterns Neytiri decorated Neteyam's head with. Not that he was complaining; it made them more special. Speaking of the Sullys, Ao'nung remembered his destination. Walking off the beach, Ao'nung headed along the walkways that led to their marui. Hoping Tuk had asked permission to play with him, or at least that her parents wouldn't be too upset with him for getting her riled up, Ao'nung stood at the entrance.

"Um, hello? Want her back?" Ao'nung asked, addressing the shadows falling out of the marui. Chuckling rang out of the marui, and Neytiri stepped out.

"Tuk, there you are! Did you wake Ao'nung up?"

"No!" she giggled. Neytiri looked at Ao'nung, and he shook his head.

"I'm an early riser, Mrs Sully; I was already on the beach," he told her.

"Neytiri!" She corrected him. He smiled and nodded

"Right, sorry."

When Neytiri shook her head, smiling, and turned back to the marui, Tuk flashed Ao'nung a toothy grin to which he responded with a wink.

"Oh, Ao'nung, could you please tell Neteyam to come back? I sent him looking for this one," she told him, roughing Tuk's hair.

"Hey! Ao'nung just gave me pretty flowers!" Tuk protested, batting her mother's hands away. Neytiri smile warmly at her daughter, and then at Ao'nung.

"Yes, Neytiri, I'll tell him," Ao'nung told her, turning back the way he came. Tuk waved energetically as he left, and he waved back.

Walking back to his own marui, Ao'nung smiled to himself. Tuk was the most constantly amused child he had ever met. He was very glad she liked him; he loved feeling as if he was welcome around his boyfriend's family. Occasionally, Neteyam's father scared Ao'nung a little, but otherwise he felt very comfortable around his family.

Speaking of Neteyam, Ao'nung's boyfriend's voice caught his attention as he approached his marui. Slightly puzzled, Ao'nung ducked inside (now slightly too tall for the entry way) and found Neteyam sitting down with his parents.

"Ao'nung, you're up early," his mother remarked. Ao'nung rolled his eyes.

"Mum! You make me sound so lazy!" Ao'nung groaned, very aware of Neteyam giggling to himself, watching the interaction.

"You're the one who doesn't get up," she shrugged. "Neteyam here was up early too, looking for his sister. Have you seen her?" Ao'nung nodded.

"She found me just before, dragged me to the beach," Ao'nung explained. "That's why I was gone so early. I've just taken her back to her parents. They want you back too, Tey." Ao'nung told him, indicating him to step outside with him. Excusing himself, Neteyam rose and followed him outside.

Once they were out of view of the entrance to the marui, Ao'nung leant down slightly to kiss Neteyam on the forehead softly.

"Good morning, seashell." Ao'nung linked his hands behind Neteyam's back.

"Morning, Ao." Neteyam smiled back. The morning sun set his eyes molten gold, and reflected off his beaded braids. Ao'nung stared for a moment, then noticed a dark blush on Neteyam's face.

"Still embarrassed to be around me?" Ao'nung teased, pulling them closer to each other. Neteyam gasped slightly, then laughed.

"Just a little worried about my reputation," he grinned, poking Ao'nung's stomach. When Ao'nung didn't move, Neteyam's smile softened and he properly embraced his boyfriend.

"Makes sense," Ao'nung shrugged. "How could you maintain your golden-boy virgin standing if people saw-" Neteyam jumped as Ao'nung's hands fell lower on his waist, and crept downward. Neteyam jumped.

"Ao! Your parents are right there!" he whispered.

"Sorry, I forgot. You do that to me," Ao'nung grinned. "Know what else you do to me?" Neteyam looked scandalized.

"Ao! Stop!" Neteyam gasped, eyes fluttering shut.

"You sure?" Ao'nung asked, half teasing, half making sure.

"You said my parents want me back?" Neteyam reminded him.

"Way to kill the mood." Ao'nung pouted, releasing Neteyam and stepping back. Neteyam shrugged, then smiled again.

"So, you were with my sister?"

Ao'nung blushed slightly.

"Yeah, um, she woke me up this morning with an offer of hide and seek in the reef. How could I refuse? Especially after she did those eyes," Ao'nung shrugged. Neteyam was still grinning. "What?" Ao'nung asked.

"You were with my sister," he whispered. Ao'nung nodded, confused. "You dragged yourself out of bed for her," Neteyam continued. Ao'nung shrugged again.

"It was nothing," he insisted, but Neteyam shook his head.

"She would have loved that," Neteyam chuckled.

"She did," Ao'nung confirmed. "She is still convinced she won, as well."

Neteyam laughed. "Well, I don't think she can lose by her rules. Something about being the youngest." Ao'nung nodded. "You know she'll be back tomorrow." Neteyam told him.

Ao'nung found he didn't mind. "I look forward to it," he said, honestly.