Chapter 11

(For the one person who cares, most likely won't be doing daily updates for the most part since school is back but should be every 2-3 days. As I'm writing this I realised it's going to be longer than I meant it to because I can't help myself writing fluff.) and go watch this tik tok https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8U65RLd/

Their exposed position caused Ao'nung to wake up very early that morning, the light of the day already forcing his eyes open. Not moving, Ao'nung blinked lazily and squinted around. The beach was devoid of any other na'vi this early, as Ao'nung had planned. The hunters would already be beyond the reef, not due to return until midday. Feeling a warm body next to him, Ao'nung glanced down at his chest. During the night, Neteyam had moved his arm out from under him, and Ao'nung had rolled onto his back towards Neteyam. This resulted in Neteyam pillowing his head on Ao'nung's chest, rolled towards him on his side. Neteyam's legs were curled slightly, one leg alongside Ao'nung's own right leg, the other resting over Ao'nungs. The sight of his boyfriend so vulnerable, so willingly vulnerable around him, and the trust his boyfriend had given him, almost brought tears to his eyes. The change in his breathing must have disturbed Neteyam, because the Omatikaya was now grunting slightly, calm breathing interrupted. Ao'nung brough an arm to Neteyam's hair, absent mindedly playing with the braids that were spread across the sand. His own hair had come loose from it's usual bun, now partly spread on the sand around his head. Neteyam's hand that had come out from under Ao'nung was laying caught up in his loose curls, as if he had fallen asleep playing with them. This made Ao'nung smile as he sighed contentedly.

The deep drop and rise of the chest beneath him caused Neteyam's eyes to open, discomforted by the sudden change in breathing. He looked beneath his head and saw the sea green of Ao'nung's body below him, and his face burned. He hadn't realised in his sleep how much he had moved, now resting his face on the upper chest of his boyfriend. Pushing himself up slowly on his elbow, his body slightly aching from the less than optimal sleeping position. But Neteyam didn't find himself regretting it. Ao'nung must have also noticed Neteyam's own change in breathing, as his hand stopped moving through Neteyam's braided hair, and Neteyam looked at him. The braids that were spread across Ao'nung's stomach tickled as Neteyam's head tilted upwards at him. The glow of early morning set Neteyam's eyes blazing. Ao'nung lost his breath almost as quickly as he had taken it, his boyfriend's face angelic in the soft golden glow of the day.

"Morning my love." Neteyam said, voice cracking and groggy after sleeping. The breath which Ao'nung had still not fully gained back after seeing his boyfriends face in the morning glow left him again at the name. Being a slightly more formal and perhaps sappy term than Ao'nung would have expected or thought of using himself, he was astonished at the effect it had on him. His brain short-circuited, lungs forgetting their one job as Neteyam continued to look at him with a soft gaze, expression not having changed between sleeping and waking up apart from opening his eyes. Catching Ao'nung's dumbstruck face, Neteyam smiled that beautiful smile, and nuzzled closer to Ao'nung, now feeling much more comfortable. He moved his arm under Ao'nung's back and his other around his lower stomach, wrapping his boyfriend tightly as he buried his face into his chest. Ao'nung rested his own arms atop Neteyam's head.

They stayed like this for a while, the morning becoming brighter and brighter. Eventually, Ao'nung remembered the rather bothersome problem of remaining unnoticed by his parents. He knew he must return soon before they woke, as much as he would rather stay in his boyfriend's arms forever. Groaning slightly, he shifted Neteyam up, faces becoming level.

"I must get back, I meant what I said, my father will not tolerate me messing around." Ao'nung told his boyfriend begrudgingly, hoping Neteyam knew how much he would rather do the exact opposite of leave. Neteyam cracked his eyes back open, sighing.