"No..."

"No?" Mew parrots, getting a little confused and anxious.

Gulf lifts his face as he darts his eyes on Mew's throat, not meeting the eyes. "D-Don't change it..."

Gulf is beautiful. Mew knows that. But this Gulf, blushing and not meeting his eyes, has thrown him deeper than he already found himself in. Why is this is guy so adorable? It has rendered Mew speechless.

"D-Don't change, Phi," Gulf says briefly, peeking through his lashes to look Mew in the eyes.

Mew mutters a curse under his breath. Damn. This is so unfair!

Calming his breathing, Mew probes, "Why? How do I look at you?"

Gulf fidgets his fingers, quite nervous, because he doesn't know what to say or maybe he can't find the words to describe it and he can't find the will to move either since Mew still holds both his wrists, his knees inside the older's, basically locking him in place.

"Yai nong?"

Gulf inhales. "Like...I-I don't know...it's like...you will...burn me," he says, dragging the last words almost in a whisper. He has his head hung once again, trying to hide his face. He doesn't know if he used the right words but maybe it is somewhat close. Because Mew does look at him so intensely...not in a bad way though...but it is too much and those stares are making his heart leap.

Mew chuckles as he feels relief flooding through him, leaning his forehead on Gulf's head. "Oh baby, what am I gonna do with you?

"Phiii!"

Gulf feels both happy and shy at their present position. He finds everything a little different now with Mew's confession. But he can't bring himself to untangle from Mew's hold when Mew pulls him closer into a hug the moment they both settle on the bed ready to sleep. It has been their developed routine after all. And he is getting so used and content sleeping as he snuggles Mew's neck. He doesn't want to let it go.

"Phi..."

Mew hums urging the younger to continue as he feels Gulf's breath fanning his neck. When Mew acknowledges his feelings which have been days ago, he honestly finds it a little hard to sleep in their position. He is a man after all, with another man on his bed whom he likes a damn lot. But thankfully, his sanity makes the Gulf comfortable and everything reigns above everything in him.

"I...I don't know if I l-like you..." Gulf mumbles quietly with a muffled voice.

So honest. Mew smiles although he feels nervous. "Do you feel disgusted by this?" he asks, tightening his arms around the other.

"No...! Why are you even thinking like that?"

Gulf sounds like a pissed kitten with his abrupt reply which brings Mew's chuckles in the air.

"Well, I know that you're straight, that's why," Mew says, combing the younger's hair using the arm Gulf uses as his pillow.

"Aren't you?"

Mew shrugs completely unbothered. "Doesn't matter. I like you," he says. It feels liberating to be honest with himself.

"D-Don't say it so suddenly!" Gulf exclaims, tightening his hold of Mew and burying his face on the older's neck further.

Mew has to laugh at how the younger is acting. So fucking cute. "Do you hate what I'm doing?"

Gulf tries to assess himself because he wants to be honest, before he shakes his head slowly. He can't find it in him to hate or even dislike this.

Mew releases a breath of relief. It's not that he has no idea at all because he can see Gulf's actions and the boy never repels him so he simply concluded that the boy likes what he's doing for him. Although everything before his realization is his genuine care for the younger.

And even though, they both know that Mew does it because of the other's condition but in the long run, Gulf still allows him and for the older, that is already something. He actually bet his hope on that, only to be shattered with his own jealousy. He can only sigh inwardly.

"Do you like it?" Mew questions.

When Mew is met with silence, he adds, "When I hug you, do you like it?"

Gulf blushes as he nods shyly against the older's neck still. He is a sucker for Mew's warm hugs.

"When I take care of you, do you like it?"

Gulf nods again. He can see what Mew is trying to point out. And Mew fussing over him is something he has gotten used to. And he admits that he likes the attention...a little too much.

Then, does this mean...?

"Then, will you give me a chance, yai nong?"

Gulf finally decides to look at the older. And he almost gasps with their proximity. He is getting a little braver as Mew can't clearly see the color of his face due to the light of the lamp or maybe he just doesn't care.

Gulf stares at Mew's eyes until he feels his face burning once again, his inside squirming and he's a little worried that Mew might hear the thumping in his chest. But he has to stare at those burning orbs because he wants to trace something.

But amidst the color of the lamp light, Mew's eyes only sparkle and it shows nothing but sincerity in them and that is the reason why he's scared. Mew is baring his soul but what if he can't reciprocate his feelings?

"Phi, what if..." Gulf gulps, braving himself further because he has to. "What if I'm okay with it because of my...condition? What if everything is just because of my hormones? What if this is just some spur of the moment?"

Mew feels a pang in his heart because, indeed, the younger one has a point. But this, for him, is never a spur of the moment. He has been craving to feel this way for ages and he won't back down without giving his all.

After all, Gulf is worth it.

Tucking the loose strands of Gulf's hair behind his ear, Mew says, "Let's just see what will happen after you give birth."

Mew smiles. "We have two years, you know, give me that time and let me work on it. But of course, with your consent you can always stop me if you're not comfortable, yai nong."

Gulf can only stare at Mew. Somehow, the thought of being over after two years or even the thought of being apart from Mew doesn't sit well with him. The thought alone makes him feel...extremely sad and...empty.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" Mew asks when he noticed Gulf's odd stare.

Seeing the sadness in Mew's eyes, pricks something in Gulf's chest so he moves to hug the older as he snuggles on the crook of the older's neck—his comfort zone.

"What do you think?" Gulf asks with a voice a little muffled.

Mew heaves a breath of relief as he envelops the younger; he can't help but plaster a smile on his face. His reading is not wrong. 

xx

VOTE and COMMENT :)

Hi! Thank you for patiently waiting. Life has been a lot lately. There's a lot going on but I'm proud of myself for taking risks. New job and new place. But let's keep living, ay? 

Susu waanjais! I think I'm still going to continues their story :)