Enchanted (Taylor's version) - 1

Start from the beginning

"I don't think that's how it works." I laugh, sitting down on the bench.

"Trust me it is."

"So you've been to a ball where you're supposed to find your wife?" I ask, knowing the answer.

"I mean... no... but how difficult can it be?" He shrugs and yeah I guess he's right. Just dance around with some girls and choose one of them to spend the rest of my life with. Not hard at all.

"I'm kind of freaked out too because father said it would be the same as whenever he met mum, but she was thirteen when that happened. Am I going to have to marry a child? That doesn't honestly sit right with me." I say, shaking my head. I remember me at thirteen and I could not see myself marrying someone at that age, so I don't expect a girl to marry me at that age either.

"I don't know, but I hope you find someone that makes you happy." Niall says, stuffing the rest of the food in his mouth.

"I hope so too."

◟̽◞̽

I looked at myself in the mirror, spinning around. I look like an idiot. The suit is just a basic black suit, no extra flares or colors. That's what I dislike the most.
There is no personality, nothing that makes it me.

But who really is me?

Honestly I don't even know my favorite color.

I sigh, fixing my hair before exiting my room. I make my way towards the grand staircase that leads into the ballroom, the maid who was there telling me to wait a moment as Father announces me. I heard my name being said as the door was opened by the guards. I stepped through them.

The room is full of people, each in their finest dresses all clapping at my appearance. There's an abundance of girls standing before me, their escorts who I assume are their brothers or fathers standing towards the tables and chatting among themselves. My mother appears on one side of me and my father on the other as I walk down the stairs and onto the main floor.

I very quickly begin to feel like a rag doll, multiple proud fathers calling me in different directions trying to get me to so much as look at their young daughter. Very young I do realize noticing the oldest girl here is probably fourteen at most, most of the girls being around thirteen.

I was introduced to about a two dozen people before excusing myself to go get a drink.

I make my way to the punch table, pouring me a glass and hoping it's something strong in there to help me make it through the night. I take a sip. There's nothing.

I spin around to make my way back to the crowd of people when I bump into someone, spilling my punch down their coat.

"Oops." I say before I remember I'm supposed to have composure.

"Hi." The person says before slapping their head. "I mean hello your royal highness."

I look up at the boy, and the first thing I notice is his eyes. They were a piercing blue color that looked like the sky and the ocean combined and made this angel of a man.

Maybe I do have a favorite color.

"My apologies sir, didn't mean to cause a startle." I say, trying to regain my composure.

"It's perfectly alright, I don't like these jackets too much anyway." He remarks, sliding his coat off his shoulders.

His chocolate colored hair is swooped back in a quiff, his cheekbones looking as though they could cut my finger at the touch. When his jacket was off his muscles could be seen through his button up causing my stomach to oddly feel fuzzy.