"I'm sorry" we both muttered in sync and i looked up to see who it was. The familiar lady graced my vision and she had a friendly smile on her face which I returned with a little one.

"It's you ma'am, do you need something?" She let out a soft chuckle and shook her head.

"You know? It is really a small world and it's marvelous how destinies and fate play a big role in this small world of ours" confusion clouded my mind and eyes and I stared at with curiosity while her eyes glimmered with secrecy.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I don't understand what you're talking about"

"I know you do not understand Luna" I didn't know if I should be surprised on how she knew my name or think it was bound to happen since she's friends with Ms Janelle and Ms Serena.

"Four years is such a long time. It's ironic how the same person whose number you were asking for is the same person who you're now working for, it simply means one thing and you know what it is. I'll see you around Luna, good night" she flashed me a sweet smile and left me in the fogginess of mystery.

My eyes were narrowed with confusion after hearing all she had to say while my mind raced as i tried to decipher the hidden meaning behind her enigmatic words.

My brows furrow and i felt a captivating sense of curiosity tug at my chest. It's as if the world around me transformed into a riddle waiting to be solved.

I closed my eyes to mentally block out the conversation that played out few moments ago but I couldn't get rid of it because I was suddenly hit with a ray of remembrance.

~Flashback~

It was just one of those sunny afternoon in Orlando and most importantly one of the longest days at my new work place. It was my first job after my graduation from culinary school. I worked as a waitress in a food court at one of Orlando's biggest and most expensive mall.

That day the food court bustled with a lot of customers. We were short of workers and the preparation of food in the kitchen was quite slow due to some appliance malfunctioning which resulted in a hectic and stressful day for all the waiters and waitresses. I really couldn't wait to quit but I had to work there for a while since it was difficult getting a job that paid handsomely.

"I really can't wait for the day to be over" I muttered. After sulking about my ass aching job for some minutes i returned back to my duty.

"Two donuts and a cup of coffee" a lady who brought her her teenage daughter along with her ordered. I quickly packed it up and handed it to her with a smile. She thanked me and left.

"Luna can you please help me out?" Just when I was about to attend to the other customers, Linda, one of my colleagues called my attention. I glanced at the bunch of teenage girls who were chatting and laughing their hearts out on the queue, It seemed they were not in a hurry to make an order so I ignored them and gave Linda my attention.