Chapter 9

EMMETT

Her soft snores fill the bedroom as I move a strand of her hair from her face. She is so gorgeous when she sleeps.

But fuck, what did I do?

I fed off her. I didn't mark her but fed off her.

My eyes went to her neck and saw the two puncture holes I created with dried blood around the area. I move off the bed and go to the bathroom to grab another warm cloth to remove the blood. I walk back in, moving her from her stomach and onto her side. I wipe away the blood and sigh as I lean back on the bed.

I lean back against the headboard and look down at my mate. I know I slipped, but it couldn't be helped. I knew everyone was back as I heard everyone coming back. I needed to find out what happened at that party and make sure it never happened again.

Lena would be asleep awhile, so I knew I could leave her here. But I needed to leave someone on the door to guard while I found out what happened.

I move up slowly and head over to the bathroom. I quickly switched on the shower and climbed in. I washed everywhere and knocked off the water once I was done.

I grab a towel from behind the door and wrap it around my waist. I headed back into the room and looked at my mate. I wanted to stay with her, but I needed to ensure that everything from the party was handled.

I moved over to the dresser and grabbed a pair of grey sweatpants. Leaving the boxers off, I placed the pants on and pulled them up. I knew I was coming back here and intended to wake her up after a few hours of sleep.

I walk over to the door but stop to look at Lena before I leave.

I opened the door, only to walk right into Gage.

"Fuck," he grumbled as he looked at me, but his frown morphed into a smirk. "So, how did it go?" he asked. "Even though we heard every moan that came from her mouth."

A grin pulls the corners of my lips up.

"As I imagined," I said, staring at him, but I heard commotion downstairs, which made my eyebrows furrow. "What's going on?"

Gage tensed as he looked behind him. "Ah..." he said, his eyes coming back to me as he sighed. "Marshall started an uproar before everyone left. He wanted them all worked up before they left, and it worked. He told them they didn't need you to guide them anymore, that he would be perfect as he can get them all the blood they want."

I growl.

"How could he get them that?" I asked as Gage moved from one foot to another. "By what I heard, he will let them take all the humans he—"

I hiss as my fangs prod out. Like a fuck he can!

"Stay by the door," I growled. "No one is to go in."

Gage stared at me and gave me a nod as I turned and headed down the stairs to find a large gathering of vampires. They all made a circle, as Marshall was in the middle, spewing out hate. "Emmett doesn't care about us!" he shouted. "He even brought home a human girl to fuck. You heard him."

My eyes scanned around the crowd until they landed on Whitney and Sasha leaning on the wall. Their eyes met mine as smirks pulled the corners of their lips up. Only a handful of people know about Lena. I didn't tell anyone, as it was complicated to explain everything.

Marshall carried on with his rant. "Why can he have a human girl?" he shouted. "Why not any of us?"

A few vampires look at each other and nod in agreement. I need to put a stop to this. I slowly make my way down the stairs but stop only four steps up. "ENOUGH!" I shouted, making everyone turn to look at me, and Marshall stood there with a grin.