Let it go

Alka was standing now leaning against the door with a teasing smile on her face.

When Aarohi came inside, she forgot to close the door, the realization hit her, and she pushed Aaryaman a bit and stood straight.

Alka (teasingly): Oh god! At least close the doors. We'd get diabetes with so much PDA.

Aarohi: Mom!

Alka: Ok fine! Get ready fast. Everyone is ready and the mehndi artists are here.

Aarohi: Ohhh! I'll be there soon.

Aarohi said and literally ran to her room.

Aaryaman and Alka shouted together.

Both: Take your time.

Alka: You too. Get ready.

Aaryaman: Mom.

Alka: Hmm

Aaryaman: I never blamed you.

Alka: What are you talking about?

Aaryaman: Mom don't pretend, and I am not just saying it, I mean it. I never blamed you guys. You guys were never wrong. I left for the hostel because I was not used to the atmosphere here, not because I wanted to stay away from you guys. You I know I love Aaru a lot, I never liked seeing her in pain so why would I not like you guys when you were doing it all to cure her pain. I might have never said it but being with Rooh made me realize how much importance our words and actions hold. I have expressed my feelings through actions before and today I am vocalizing it. You guys are my family, I love you all and trust me, I am so lucky to have you all.

Alka was in tears by the time he stopped.

She knew, she knew her son started blending well in the family in the past few years but in heart, she still blamed herself.

Why did her son even have to try to blend? This was his family. But because of her he couldn't feel and experience it.

She used to blame herself and be thankful to Aarohi as she was the reason her son stayed with them.

But today all of it came to an end. She stopped blaming herself, she stopped regretting the past but one thing she could never stop is being thankful to her daughter-in-law who is more like a daughter to her.

Aaryaman hugged Alka and wiped away her tears.

Alka: I love you, mera baccha. Ok ok now, before I get more emotional get ready. Don't make my daughter wait for you.

They both laugh and Alka leaves the room with a smile.

Coming downstairs she ran to her husband and told him everything.

The happiness on their faces was now 100 times more than before.

Some friends even teased them saying that they are glowing like a newly married couple.

The bride and groom to be came downstairs and sat down for the ceremony. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have uploaded two more stories. 

Do check them out and tell me if you like them.

Does this book feels boring to you, if yes then I'll try to add some more elements.

I kept it quite simple since this book was supposed to be calm, composed and simple.

Still, I am always open to suggestions.

Stay tuned.