Chapter 7

Aubrey's P.O.V.

"Excellent girls. Thank you. Now go take a seat." Principle Murray pushed me away from Mia.

"No Murray. You can't separate me from my love." I reach towards Mia. She went with the flow and reached back at me. Murray stood in the middle of us.

"Not right now Aubrey. We have to get going with the ceremony." He pushed me towards the stairs. He can kill me if he keeps on pushing me towards the stairs.

"Murray we have already been through this. You can't separate me from my best friend. I'll fight you again if I have to." The whole crowd went into fits of laughter. I seriously did fight him in sophomore year when he tried to separate me from Mia.

"Aubrey. Just go sit down. Please." I got an idea.

"Okay. Let's go Mia." Everybody was shocked that I was actually following his orders. As soon as Mia sat down on her chair I sat down on her lap. Murray just face palmed while the crowd busted out laughing at his reaction.

"Since I know she is really stubborn and will not move from there I will just leave her and go on with the ceremony. Sorry for her actions. She just like being the center of attention."

"Murray! How dare you say that about me? I thought we were friends! What happened with those friendship bracelets I made for us?" The crowd was laughing.

"What? You traded me for a old man that doesn't know how to twerk?" Mia shouted from under me.

"No baby. You know I love you. My heart only belongs to you."

"It better."

"Oh god." Murray complained shaking his head.

"You can go on with the ceremony Murray."

"Thank you Aubrey."

"No problem chump." Murray shook his head and started talking or making up a speech but Mia and I weren't paying attention. We were talking selfies with each other. The crowd was just looking at us and laughing.

"Now please welcome our valedictorian Mia Duarte." As soon as Mia heard her name she almost threw me off of her lap and made her way to the microphone thingy.

"Woo-hoo! That's my best friend people! She is the rational one!" I was cheering like a dumbass and clapping like a retarded seal. Mia shook her head at me.

"That's my best friend Aubrey! She's the crazy one!" I laughed along with the crowd.

"Hell yea I am! Woo!" Mia held her hand for me to take. She placed me right in front of the microphone thingy next to her.

"I am going to have my best friend right next to me because we have dreamt about this day since 3rd grade and we always said that we would  be right next to each other through out the whole ceremony no matter what. I also wrote this speech thinking about all of our conversations about this moment."

"You remember the conversations too?"

"Of course I do. You are my best friend. I love you."

"I love you too." I took a hold of her hand again and pulled her in for a hug. We are both trying so hard not to cry right now. Once she pulled away she started talking.

"Adults asked us at a young age what we wanted to be when we grew up. We said something cheesy like a cop, firefighter, or a doctor. Later in life they asked us again. Most of us probably answered with police officer, doctor, firefighter, actress or hair stylist. In our teenage years they asked us one more time. We answered with army, marine, author, photographer, an athlete, psychiatrist, or whatever. One day I asked Aubrey what she was going to be when we finally graduated high school and college. She said soccer player. After a moment of silence she said something that inspired me to write this whole speech. She said and I quote 'You know what? I actually don't know what I am going to be in the future. I'm just going to follow which ever path destiny has for me. I'm going to be a soccer player? Good. I'm going to be something else? Great. I'm just going to do whatever makes me happy because what ever I choose to be is what I'm going to be for the rest of my life.' This got me thinking that she is absolutely right. We just have to follow our heart and do whatever makes us happy. Don't feel pressured that you have to know what you have to be in your future. Just follow the path destiny gives you and make the best of it. Let's live for today! Class of 2014!"

I looked at Mia with a huge smile. She actually remembered every single word I said that day. She really the best. She also has a good memory.

"Woo-hoo! Class of 2014! Party at Jaime's after the ceremony!" I shouted pointing at Jaime who looked confused. Everybody cheered at this. He stood up from his seat.

"What?! I can't have a party! My parents will kill me!"

"Party pooper. No party guys! Sorry to disappoint you!" The class booed while the crowd laughed.

"Come on Aubrey. Let's go sit down." Mia tugged me towards her chair. I sat on her lap again.

"Okay! Let's start!" Murray said. This is one of the best days of my life. I'm never going to forget this.

A/N

Hello my Pringles! Thank you to who ever is actually reading this book! You are the best! Thank you for all the reads and votes in all of my books! Love you!! Bye my Pringles!!