-41-

Liana's POV:

For the play, I was really nervous. But I think I made the right decision by auditioning.

This years school is Footloose, and I would like to get the main girl lead- Ariel.

I go into the audition after signing up a few days previously. I walk in after they ask, "Liana Gallagher?" I look at them and I ask, "Yes?" They say, "You are next. Go into that room and begin your audition. Good luck!"

I smile as I walk into that room. There was the director of the play as well as the choreographer and the choir instructor. They smile at me as I hand them my paper, "Hello, I'm Liana Gallagher. I'm here to audition for the role of Ariel for this years school production of Footloose."

The director smiles, "Great. What song have you prepared to sing for us today?" I announce, "I z will be singing 'All You Wanna Do' from the musical, SIX."

They smile, "Great. Go ahead." I take the center stage as my song plays...

After that audition, I got a callback for Ariel, the cast list was pinned up the next day, and I was shocked when I saw who got the lead female role:

Ariel...Liana Gallagher

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I GOT THE LEAD FEMALE ROLE! I'M GOING TO BE ARIEL!

I was so excited. My family was just as proud of me, if not more.

After months of extensive voice, play and dance training. It was finally opening night.

Of course, the cast and I nailed it. We nailed it up until closing night.

My whole family including Kev and V came opening night. They were up in the first couple rows. We would occasionally smile at each other when I had scenes on the stage.

When I would made my first entrance onto the stage, they would shout, "Woo! Oh my gosh! Liana!!!"

I was presented with roses and hugs from all of my family members that night.

I loved doing the musical, but I was both tired, happy and sad that it was over.

That next day at school was Friday. I was in my first period class with Carl. I sat right by him when the intercom came on, "Mrs. Samuels?" She answers, "Yes?" She asks, "May I have Liana Gallagher to the Principals' office for a moment, please?" She goes, "Of course." The lady in the office says, "Thank you."

I look at Carl who comments, "Ooh. Did my baby get in trouble? You are such a bad girl. What did you do?" I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know." I left my stuff there as I headed down to the Principals' office, where there he was, with my mom.

She had wide eyes as she looked at me. The principal smiles, "Liana Gallagher. Welcome. Please, take a seat." I do as he says and I go, "I don't know what it is that I did, but I want to say that I'm sorry, and that it will not happen again."

He laughs and says, "You are not in trouble" I ask, "Wait. What?" He goes, "Miss Gallagher, I just wanted to commend you as a fine, upstanding student of our proud school."

My mom and I are both shocked, "Oh, well. Thank you." He goes, "As this, and with how well you are doing with your grades and school. I would like to put you in our offered honor class program." We we're surprised but signed me on.

He says, "I have to say, I am remarkably surprised that a Gallagher child has these grades, and is in the honor program." My mom and I say in sync, "Must get it from Lip." She and I go, "1,2,3rd jink, infinity jink, California 10!" I say, "You owe me a soda!" She goes, "Oh dang it!" She ruffles my hair, "Your new classes will start next week."

We left the principal's office, as I headed back to my classes and mom left the school.