-20-

Liana's POV:

No one wanted to talk to me, and I knew based on the events of last night- their talk without me.

I invited my friends over, and then in came Fiona. When we saw her come into my room, I said, "Speak of the devil" She asks, "What are they doing here?" I say, "You never said I couldn't have any people over."

She rolls her eyes, "Everyone knows you can't have people over when you're grounded. You know that, too, because they obviously came in through the window."

My friend, Ava comments, "What a Nazi bitch" Nia and I laugh. Fiona's eyes were about to blow out of her skull and she became flabbergasted when she heard that, "What did you just call me?"

Ava admits, "I don't know. You just seem like a Nazi bitch" Fiona was at her wits end, "Get out. Now. Out. Both of you. Out. Go! Now!" I stand in front of her and I say, "No! You get out of my room!"

My friends begin to pack up their stuff and began to leave out the front door, as Fiona and I began to have another argument, "No! I'm staying in your room! These guys are leaving!" Then she saw my friends trying to leave through my door, "No! Out the window, Pussy Riot! Way you came in out now!"

She has officially blown her top. My eyes widened, "Holy shit!" My friends were scared, as their eyes widened, they ran towards the window, jumped out of my bedroom window, ran for Nia's car and drove away.

I say, "You are literally crazy!" Fiona, "You are driving me crazy!" I say, "You are acting like a psychopath." I walk out the door, and I grab a nail gun on my way out, I don't know why.

Fiona and them follow me, "Liana. I said you are grounded. Where are you going?" I say, "Calling my caseworker" She says, "That's a good idea, huh? Get CPS to come, make you pack up your court beads and trash bags in the middle of the night to move back to the Muskies. That'll be really good for you."

I smirk, "Better than you" She yells, "No! Not better than me! I can't with you. Can you guys deal with her, please?" Lip, "Hey, Liana, you're gonna..." Fiona, "We're really good people." Debbie, "We just want to make a nice home for you, is that so wrong?"

I say, "You're just another white family, who wants to adopt little charity orphans to make you feel good about yourselves!" We were blown away, "You tell her about our "white family" Tell her!" Carl, "Well, actually, Liam is..." Fiona steps back in, "Liam is black, okay! So, we are not that white! Do we look like we feel good about ourselves right now?"

I snap, "Okay, then tell me! Please tell me! Why did you suddenly feel the urge to get a foster kid? Why did you do that when suddenly you want yo put me back?" None of them could give me an answer, "Exactly!"

I continue to walk away, as the boys of the family followed me, "Don't go anywhere!" "Stop right there!" Ian, "Can we please go inside so that we can talk about this?"

I accidentally dropped the nail gun, and it inserted a nail in my foot. My eyes closed, and I fell to the ground. Fiona held my head close to her chest. They all crowded around me as I cried and held my foot, "Ow!" I screamed and cried in pain. Fiona looked at it. Debbie, "What are you doing? Take it out!"

Ian, "No, better leave it in until we get to the hospital." Carl tied his thin jacket around my bloody foot as a tourniquet and he tied it up, and Lip carried me into the car.

Fiona drove the car, with Debbie holding Liam beside her in the front passenger seat. Lip, Ian and Carl were with me in the backseat. Carl, "You are so brave, baby. You hear me?" Ian, "Look at us. You're so brave, yeah?" Fiona, "You're going such a good job, honey." Debbie, "We are right here." Lip, "Yeah, we are."

They ran into the hospital, with Lip continuing to carry me, since he was the only one who could. Debbie was frantic in finding help, "Hello? Hey! help! Please!" A nurse runs up to us, "What happened?" Lip, "She has a nail in her foot."

Ian, "We didn't want to take it out, just in case." Nurse, "That was very smart. Put her on this gurney." Lip did as she instructed, and I was put on a gurney.

The nurse smiled at me, "Hey, honey." Lip, "It's all right, hun. We're here." At the front desk, they asked Fiona, "Are you the mother?" She says, "Yes. I'm her foster mom." The lady smiles, "Okay" Fiona agrees to fill out some forms.

The gurney gets rolled, and the nurse tells Lip, "Right this way." They then roll me with Lip holding my hand into an emergency room.

The doctor soon came in, "Hey, honey. What's your name?" I say, "Liana" He says, "Ok, Liana. We're gonna clean this off, and give you a little anesthetic, and then we are going to take the nail out." Lip looks at me with concerns in his eyes, "Ok, Lia, hold my hand." I ask with tears coming down my eyes, "Is it going to hurt?" He says, "Its going to be just a little pinch. Look at me. Look at me."

He says, "Hold my hand. Hold my hand." I screamed as the shot goes through my foot, "Ow! Ahh!" Ian pets my hair, "Its just a little bit of a sting." I shout, "Stop! Stop! Please?!" Ian continues to rub my hair, as Lip holds my hand, "Its almost over." The doctor removes the needle from me and my body. I took a deep breath as I took in the moment that it is over.

Ian and Lip me calm down, "Its done. It's done. It's done." Debbie took Liam to the lobby, as the doctor walked out of the room, he says to Fiona and Carl who ask, "How is she?" He says, "She's requested to see you both."

Both Carl and Fiona walk into the room and they smile when they see me. Carl, with his relentless attempts at flirting with me, "Hey, baby. I'm right here." Fiona, with her true motherly instincts, "Hey, sweetie. You're so brave." They put their hands on top of my own, "You are doing so good, sweetie."

Soon, Collins joined us with her clipboard. I knew they had to be called if an incident did occur-it's part of their description and protocol. The whole family and Collins sat around me in the hospital room, "So, she doesn't have to wear a cast or anything? It's just crutches and stitches?"

Fiona, Lip and Ian nod their heads. Collins, "That's good news." She crosses that off her clipboard. Then came the question that everyone was dreading to answer, "And, how did this happen?"

Everyone started to tell their own tale of what had happened, but I knew there was wrong, "No. It wasn't their fault it was mine." Everyone was blown away, including Collins, when they all looked at me, taking responsibility for my own actions.

I say, "I was trying to leave when I wasn't supposed to, and then they got distracted, I took a nail gun, and I accidentally dropped it on my foot" Fiona, "Don't be ridiculous, sweetie. We should never have left the nail gun there."

I sit up in my hospital bed and I yell, "Fiona, shut up! This is the kind of stuff they move kids for, okay?" I begin to cry again as I point back and forth between the Gallaghers and me, "It wasn't their fault. They didn't do anything. If anything, I should be the one getting in trouble right now."

Collins put her hand over mine, "Its okay. Let's talk in here, could you all wait in the lobby? Excuse me, and Liana, let's talk about what happened. Nobody's being moved."

Fiona's POV:

As my siblings and I walk out of Liana's hospital room, our mouths hung in gasp. We all look back at Collins, she gave us a thumbs up and mouthed, "Oh my God" to us. We were just as amazed as she was for taking responsibility. And I thought to myself, 'Maybe this was not such a bad idea to take in a foster kid. Maybe this wasn't so bad... Maybe...Just maybe...'

A.N. Did you all see what I did there? Lol. I included a quote from Jim Carrey's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Especially in honor of Christmas season being right around the corner!