-21-

Liana's POV:

I woke up that next morning. I got out of my bed, and with leaning on my crutches- I made my bed, and I walked towards the bathroom, to brush my teeth and comb my hair.

My hair, it was the opposite of neat- it was everywhere. I tried comb it out with my fingers or my hairbrush, but it wouldn't budge to say the least. Fiona walks by and she sees my hair of a disaster, "Hey. What's wrong?"

I say, "I have no idea. I just woke up this morning, and..." I look up at her and I smile, "Damn it" She says, "You know what? I think I can help..." She runs back to her bedroom, and comes back to the bathroom with a pink hair comb, "I have this great detangler. You want me to...?"

I nod my head, but I was hesitant, "Sure. Yeah." I nod my head again, "Whatever. Yeah" She nods her head, "Yeah?" She grabs a stool, "Have a seat." I did as she said, "Okay." I took a seat on the stool in front of her.

Fiona asks me, "Wow. How did this happen?" I say, "I don't know" She says, "Just let me know if it pulls, okay?" I nod my head, "Oh, that's good." She was able to get the tangle out, "Better, yeah?"

I felt my now smooth hair, "Oh, yeah. Thank you!" She says, "Let me just smooth it out for you" I let her brush my hair, not thinking that I was going to grow attached- I didn't want to show any emotion, but I hid my tears from her as I cried while she brushed my hair. It reminded me of something...or...someone.

I secretly wipe my tears away, "Thank you" She pats my shoulder, "No problem. It's all gone." She walks out of the bathroom as I collect myself. I stopped my tears by wiping them away with a tissue.

-Later that day-

Fiona was driving me back to school, she had a lunch break around the same time as me, so we decided to have lunch together. Now, she is driving me back to school.

I tried not to cry once again as I was staring out the window into the open, I would look back at her and we would smile at each other. When she pulled us up to the school. I unbuckled my seatbelt, got my backpack, as she helped me onto the ground with my crutches.

I say, "Thanks for the lunch" She says, "No problem" Then I got scared when I saw a certain guy picking up trash. She asks me, "Are you okay?" I don't know what gave it away, but I think she got the wrong idea, "Ooh. Who is that? Is that the boy you like? The one who just picked up the trash?"

I didn't want to make a big deal about it, I didn't want them to know the truth about this situation, "Don't freak out about it." I sat in the seat of the car between the car and the concrete block of the school with my crutches.

Fiona smiles and laughs, "No. Why would I freak out about it? He does look like an old soul artistic type." I ask, "You think so?" She smiles without a doubt, "Definitely. Look at that face." We smile at each other, "Conscientious? Maybe? Picking up trash?"

I say, "Yeah. He is. Yeah." She smiles at me, "Have a good day, kid" I say, "Thanks you too" I look in the backseat, "Bye Liam! Okay" I say as I collect my stuff. Liam gurgles, "Le La." He smiles and laughs as he attempts to say my name.

Fiona, "All right. Be careful with your foot." I couldn't yet tell her that I had a crush on another boy that we already knew really well. I wasn't ready at all. No where near close.

Fiona's POV:

I look back at Liam, "Did you see that, Liam? She is definitely starting to hate me a little less, right?" He looked confused and I just smiled as I started the car again and we drove off, back to my jobs.

Liana's POV:

I was walking into school, to meet my friends before I had to head to another class of mine, and there was Finn, he is a nice kid, he and I always say "Hi" to each other in the halls- beside my foster family showing me the school, Finn was the one to give me a tour of the inside of the school on my first day.

He says, "Hi Liana" I smile, "Hi Finn" 'He is a really nice kid.' I thought to myself, but I was too late to find another way into the school before I ran into...David.

He seemed to be everywhere. He was a true creep. He is the school's main janitor, and he is always trying to flirt with me, I don't like him that way, and I always feel uncomfortable around him, "Hey, babygirl."

I try to ignore him, "I'm still picking up your mess" I decided to run into the school before any else had the remote possibility of it happening. He yells, "I'll text you!" But that made me shiver, because how does he even have my phone number?