-1-

Narrator's POV:

It was a normal day on the Southside of Chicago. Well, as normal as it can be for the Gallagher family.

Here are the members of the Gallagher family:

Fiona: The mother figure. Has all the best traits of her mother, that doesn't say much when Monica was a bad one, one who abandoned them.

Lip: Short for "Phillip," he is very intelligent. He has straight A grades, and has big plans for his future.

Debbie: "Deborah," she helps to raise money for UNICEF, when she has enough money to pitch in.

Carl: He is the 2nd youngest member of the family.

Ian:He has an amazing work ethic.

Liam: The youngest of the family, and the only member of the family, who is black.

Frank: He likes to call himself, "The captain of their ship," but really, he is just a raging alcoholic.

They were having dinner, like every day, when they noticed something was wrong with Fiona, she wasn't acting like herself. Debbie, "Fiona, you okay?"

Fiona snaps out of it, "Yeah. I was just thinking about adopting a five year old." They all look at her like she was high on drugs, "I know it sounds crazy. But it just got me thinking. There's so many kids in foster care. They are moving from place to place, and they don't have anybody. It's like the saddest thing I've ever heard. V and I saw flyers for this adoption agency, they are having an orientation next week."

She tried to show them, but Frank shoved them away, "No, don't show us that. I, I don't want to see those little faces." They all look at him with either annoyance or anger, especially Fiona. Frank, "Fiona, people who take in foster kids are really special. These are the kind of people who volunteer when it's not even a holiday. We don't even volunteer on a holiday."

She stands up and walks to get something from the kitchen, "What, if there was a disaster, a natural one." Lip asks, "Like a dirty bomb?" She rolls her eyes, "Whatever. And there's a little kid who ends up on our doorstep. Are we going to turn her away because we're not special enough?"

Every single one of the kids thinks about this. Frank, "That would depend. Things like food rations, the blast radius." Then Fiona brushes it off, "You know what? It's a crazy life decision. I'm not going to push you guys into something that you don't want to do. It was a nice thought."

When Fiona exited the room, the whole family and Frank took a flyer and looked at the orientation. When Fiona returned to the kitchen, they all decided together that they are going to adopt another child.