Chapter 71: (Emerald City at Last)

Começar do início

"Indeed, if we used money to buy things instead of love and kindness, we'd be no better than the people of Dorothy's world. Luckily, money is nonexistent in Oz. There is no rich or poor but equal people trading and sharing items and other things in hopes of making others succeed" Tin Woodman responded rather seriously while Shaggy Man's face was filled with joy as he began to laugh.

"Well, I'll be! This place sounds great! I should stay here since someone owes me fifteen cents back in Butterfield and I won't take it since I despise money!" Shaggy Man responded cheerfully before taking a sip of water from his cup while Tin Woodman smiled back.

"If you can prove to Princess Ozma that you can be a good citizen of Oz then surely she'll allow you to stay" Tin Woodman advised the old fellow while Shaggy Man nodded in an understanding way.

"Of course, I'll talk to Princess Ozma once we get to Emerald City" Shaggy Man responded with a smile while giving Tin Woodman a thumbs-up which made Tin Woodman smile back.

For the remainder of the hour, everyone continued to eat lunch and engage in fellowship as eventually, Tin Woodman along with his friends were ready to depart from the palace for Ozma's upcoming party that was coming in a few days.

"Goodbye, everyone. Be sure to take care of the palace once I'm gone. I shall bring back many treats from Ozma's party" Tin Woodman spoke to the Winkies while waving them goodbye alongside Dorothy and the others.

"Goodbye, your majesty! We'll take good care of things while you are gone! Take care, everyone!" The Winkie Guard cried out while waving goodbye alongside the other Winkies.

"Goodbye, take care" Dorothy spoke to the Winkies for the final time before smiling and waving goodbye as she began to depart for Emerald City along with her friends; however, Dorothy stopped right in her tracks after walking a few minutes.

"Wait, since we're close to the Emerald City, I can call upon Ozma so she can send us there in one go, It would save us the trouble of walking there" Dorothy spoke out in joy as this seemed to have made everyone else smile.

"Who's Ozma?" Button-Bright asked curiously while Dorothy smiled back as she answered the question.

"Ozma is the ruler of Oz, my dear friend, and a very wonderful person, I can simply call her name, especially since her magic mirror has been upgraded since then as well but it only works if I'm close to Emerald City" Dorothy responded while Button-Bright's eyes were filled with wonder while Polychrome began to speak out.

"Wonderful! Try calling her name, If she can hear us then surely she'll use the silver shoes or whatever to send us there in one piece" Polychrome chimed into the conversation while seeing Dorothy smiling back.

"I'll say that you should try it! Never hurts, right?" Shaggy Man spoke to Dorothy in hopes of encouraging his friend even further and luckily, Dorothy nodded her head as she took a few deep breaths before finally calling upon Ozma.

"Ozma!! It's me, Dorothy! If you can hear me, please send me and my friends to Emerald City! We're at Winkie Country" Dorothy called out in hopes of Ozma hearing her word, luckily, this seemed to be the case as a brilliant flash of light appeared to consume the group before sending them straight to the Emerald City.

*Emerald Palace*

Dorothy and her friends finally arrived at the Emerald Palace in the city where they were greeted by Jellia Jamb who was cleaning the tables in the palace.

"D-Dorothy?! Is that you? You've grown so big!! It's wonderful seeing you again!" Jellia Jamb greeted Dorothy with excitement in her voice as she and Dorothy hugged each other warmly.

"Jellia! It's wonderful seeing you again as well, How have things been for you and it's great to be back in the Emerald City" Dorothy responded with a smile while Jellia nodded in agreement.

"It's wonderful to see you back. I've been doing great, I'm assuming Princess Ozma wants to see everyone, right? If so, then I must show your new friends a tour of the Emerald City while we wait for Ozma to get ready" Jellia Jamb responded while smiling as Tin Woodman began to speak.

"Mrs. Jamb, It's wonderful to see you again, I was surprised to see Dorothy as well. She always seems to come here unexpectedly; however, we do have a problem in regards to Dorothy's friend, the little lad, Button-Bright, I presume? Seems to miss his human head, could we perhaps lead him to the Fountain of Dreams to which he could be restored" Tin Woodman spoke to Jellia while tipping his hat in respect as this seemed to make Button-Bright and the others smile excitedly.

"Wow?! That's great, isn't that right?! You are going to be back to normal and I always wanted to see your face" Polychrome spoke to Button-Bright while looking at the young boy jumping up and down with joy with a smile on his face which made Jellia smile back.

"So, you must be Polychrome, Button-Bright, and Shaggy Man, right?" Jellia Bamb spoke out before quickly covering her mouth which made Dorothy raise an eyebrow with curiosity.

"Wait, how do you know the names of my friends? Polychrome I could understand but Button-Bright and Shaggy Man come from my world, what is going on.." Dorothy asked Jellia Jamb as the room fell silent with the only noise being Jellia's rather nervous laughter.

"W-Well, I don't know if I can say this yet but Princess Ozma was watching you and your friends the entire time but she knew that you and the others would be safe, and don't worry, I have permission to tell this..." Jellia Jamb responded before giggling to herself while Dorothy and the others had faces of relief.

"Ozma was watching us the whole time, maybe that's why I was able to escape those Scoolders, I believe she helped me right when we were going to get eaten by them." Dorothy thought to herself with a smile on her face before finally speaking up once more.

"Well, let's explore the city while we wait for Ozma! There's plenty to do beforehand and I don't want to miss any second of it" Dorothy spoke to Jellia Jamb, suddenly, the sound of the door opened and it was Ozma herself which surprised everyone in the room.

"Princess O-Ozma?!" Tin Woodman spoke in surprise while everyone else but Dorothy stood in surprise at her unexpected presence.

"Why if it isn't Dorothy and her friends, I'm happy to see everyone today, there is much to discuss regarding my birthday in a few days so let's get down to business" Ozma spoke to her friends, Button-Bright, Polychrome, and Shaggy Man before smiling to at her guests.

"Dear friend, it's wonderful to see you! I have so much to tell you!" Dorothy responded cheerfully as she was happy to see her friend once more and was ready to tell her about her adventure.