𝙏𝙤 𝙎𝙚𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙏𝙤 𝙎𝙚𝙚

Начните с самого начала

Raine abandoned you. Eda and Luz wouldn't trust a member of the Emperor's Coven. You know no one else who could help. You couldn't leave without Hunter. There's nothing else to do.

But what would Belos do? He took you both in and how do you repay him? By failing? The Emperor is not a merciful man, you knew that, everyone did. You slightly turned your head and saw Hunter peacefully sleeping. Hugs were his greatest weakness. Your eyes lingered on his right ear. A tight knot grew deep inside yourself. It felt as if it was suffocating you. That wasn't the only thing on your mind.

That dream. What did it mean?

...

You lightly shook Hunter. Cosmo and Flapjack both woke from the sudden movement.

"Hey Goldie," You spoke softly, "It's morning."

He got up still dazed from sleep. He yawned a mumbled 'good morning.'

Your smile faltered for a second, you guessed he's ignoring yesterday.

"Usually you wake up earlier than me," You smiled.

"Yeah, first time for everything." He responded in a monotone voice.

He avoided your gaze. You frowned, barely 5 minutes into the day and he was the world on his shoulders. He went to grab your bags and put everything into its place for traveling.

"We should start heading back to Castle."

...

The trip home was quiet no one said much. To be fair there wasn't much to say. Once you got off your palismans Hunter suggested that they waited for you both in your rooms for safety measures.

As you walked down the halls of the castle the same silence filled the space.

Hunter put on his mask, not closing it completely, you could still see his scar and lips, "When we go inside don't say a word. Let me handle this. Please." He said before covering his face completely.

Normally you would protest but the concern his voice let you know he knew something you didn't. Hesitantly you agreed. The Golden Guard opened the door to the Throne Room where Belos waited inside. You walked in shortly after Hunter.

Belos sat tall on his throne his shadow towering and covering your own. You and Hunter kneeled unanimously. Belos gave you a welcoming smile. You averted your gaze to the floor.

"I see you returned. I'm glad to see you come home safe and victrously."

"Uncle," Hunter started cauitously, "there was an inconvenience that stopped us from completing our mission. We had the eye in custody, but it was lost in battle."

The warm smile twitch and quickly turned into a snarl. Belos stood up, his eyes piercing through your soul like a thieves.

"You...what...? I expected so much more from you Hunter. I cannot let this go unpunished, I warned you of what would happen if you failed me again. Is this the thanks I get for taking you in? For making you all that you are?"

Belos arm shifted into a sort of green goo that shaped a spike. He raised it up slightly then shot it straight for Hunter who didn't even bother to look up, just shut his eyes bracing for impact.