"She is- by association. I've always been closer with Sophia, and became friends with Taylor when she and Sophia started dating." Troy explained, "So, my loyalties in this situation lie with Sophia."

"Please don't mention it to her, then." I said.

"Oh, I won't. It would crush her. I'm sure she will find out somehow, Taylor has trouble keeping things to herself, but she won't be hearing it from me. You must be feeling crushed too, Eve." Troy said, frowning.

"I won't lie, I am feeling pretty lousy right now." I said, "I can't even do anything about it. I can't really tell Ezra how I am feeling. I mean, I can tell her that I think it's a bad idea to hangout with Taylor because of how it all started- but that's not the real reason I'm upset, so it won't even make me feel better."

"I'm sorry, Eve. This just really sucks." Troy sighed, "Look, let's hope that nothing comes to fruition between Taylor and Ezra."

"I have a bad feeling about it. Ezra doesn't usually show much interest in people like she has in Taylor."

Troy looked at me and then said, "Wait. I know that you and Ezra kind of confirmed it one time to me- but you two have hooked up, right?"

"We've been hooking up for close to two years." I said, "Sometimes we will go weeks, or even a couple of months without hooking up- but we have been for a long time."

Troy's eyes widened, "Have you hooked up since living here?"

"Multiple times."

"Sneaky." Troy chuckled, "I can imagine that makes things even more difficult. I'm sorry, Eve, that you're going through this. That we both are! At least we have each other to vent to."

"At least we've got that." I said to Troy, "Thank you for talking-"

My phone then started to vibrate, and I looked down to see who was calling me this late.

Kylie.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt this conversation- but I have to take this call, it's my sister." I said.

"Go right ahead." Troy nodded, giving me a concerned look.

As I walked out of Troy's room, I answered the call.

"Hey, Kylie."

I hadn't heard my sister's voice in months- which deep down, did upset me. But I had to let it go.

I wonder what the fuck she wants?

"Hey." she said back, "Is now an alright time to talk?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I got home from work not too long ago." I said, going into my bedroom.

"What do you do for work?" Kylie asked me.

Oh, now you want to know.

"I'm a host at a restaurant." I said, "Kylie, is everything alright?"

"I ran into Autumn Fanning," Kylie said, "She told me that she visited you and Ezra. And she also told me that she told you about Jordan getting his girlfriend pregnant."

"She did tell me about that, yes." I said back, "Which shocked me, I won't lie."

"Believe me, we were all shocked." Kylie said, "Especially mom. She looked like she wanted to kill Jordan. But now she's treating Bianca, his girlfriend, like she is her daughter. A daughter she actually treats well, though."

That stung. I wished it didn't, but I couldn't help how much it stung to hear that.

"Why didn't you call me when you knew?" I found myself asking Kylie.

"Well, I figured you didn't want much to do with us since you moved away. A phone goes both ways, you know." Kylie said.

"Fair enough." I said back, "And I understand how I could have given off that impression. How are Peyton and Lily?"

"They're great." Kylie said, "They ask about their Aunt Eve quite often. Do you think...you'll come home one day? Even just to visit?"

I paused before I answered. I generally would have said "no" as my answer to that. But I didn't want to sound rude when it came to my nieces possibly asking.

"I'll have to see." I said, "It's a far drive."

"I understand." Kylie said, "You know, I am happy for you, Eve. That you got out. I always knew that you would. You're incredibly smart, you were always made for more. And I guess it's good that Ezra gets to go along for the ride. How is she, has she dropped out of school yet?"

"No." I said, "And she works, too. But thank you for what you said before that. I do appreciate it."

"I'm sorry that I didn't call." Kylie said, "I won't lie, I was pretty angry when you left. But I had to realize, this was the best thing for you. And I will try my best to call more. If you'd like that."

I wasn't entirely sure if I would have liked that, but I said to Kylie, "Call me whenever you want. I'm sorry that I didn't reach out as well."

I then heard a cry in the background as Kylie said, "Sorry, that's Peyton. I have to go, but I'll call you soon."

"Have a goodnight, Kylie." I said back.

After the conversation was finished, I sat on my bed, feeling numb. I didn't know how to feel about that conversation. And I wished I had Ezra to talk to about it. I really wished that I could have knocked on her door, go in her room, and talk things through about the conversation.

But she was likely hooking up with Taylor right now. There's no way she wasn't.

And that stung most of all.