⬩ABILITY⬩

"Oh Mione. That's amazing about the boarding school! I am so proud of you! You are so smart and deserve it!" I smiled talking into the phone in the lounge as other kids were talking or playing with toys. When I turned 10 years old I was allowed to have permission to use the phone and walk anywhere in town.

Hermione Granger and I have been friends since kindergarten. We have been inseparable and practically joined at the hip. Hermione has long brown curly hair thats a bit bushy. Most people think her slightly large teeth look ugly but I say they look beautiful. She is a bookworm while I am a painter and colorer. 

I was left in an alleyway when I was 4 months old. I was found by a women who took me here. I have been raised by the caretakers of Heathgate Orphanage and go to school at Heathgate Primary school.  I have no clue who my parents are and honestly I don't care. They didn't care about me so why should I?

"Thank you Y/n/n. Don't worry. I will see you before I leave for my school," said Hermione sounding happy and excited as I heard a flip of a page. I knew she was probably reading or looking at a pamphlet for her school

"Promise you'll write or call? I don't know what I'd do without you!" I said feeling happy for her but sad I am losing my best friend.

"I cross my heart that I will write to Y/n Riddle,"

"Good," I giggled,"Well I have to go my time is up. Still planning on playing tomorrow?"

"Of course!"

We bid our goodbyes as Mrs.Stevens came over to me,"Madam Rivers will be up in your room in an hour. Please wait there,"

I nodded knowing it might be to send me to the hospital for my hands. Ever since I was little when I was scared, angry or anxious fire would come out of my hands. Madam Rivers gave me special wraps to help them from showing. She claims they are 'magical' like that's real. We just say that I have a disorder with my hands that I need wraps for. The only people that know is the caretakers, the grangers, my bully, and the Mayors family.

I headed to my room which was plain. The grey walls and the white bedding made it look like a prison but the view from the window was amazing. There was a green tree in front over the little pond by the Orphanage. I had a few small canvases on my wall to brighten up the room. I sat on my bed and began coloring. 

There was a knock on my door. I closed the book and opened the door,"Hello,"I smiled seeing the caretaker Madam Rivers and an older woman with a tight bun on the back of her head wearing a dark green pantsuit.

"Hello Y/n. You have a visitor. Ms. McGonagall," smiled Madam Rivers gesturing to the older women

"Hello Miss. Riddle," said the older lady looking at my hands which were bandaged in fire resistant wrap

"Would you like to come in?"I asked stepping to the side with my head bowed

"I'll leave you two alone to talk," said Madam Rivers stepping aside. Madam Rivers always tried to look out for me as I was different from the other children. She told me fantasy stories about a world of people like me. 

I nodded as McGonagall walked inside and she looked around the room. I took a seat on my bed,"Is she sending me to a hospital?" I looked down at my hands which where folded on my lap

"No, my dear, she is not sending you to a hospital," said McGonagall moving a chair from my desk sitting down,"I am Professor McGonagall,"

"Professor? Like from a college?" I asked interested sitting up more

"Kind of like that," she nodded politely grabbing something from her coat

I watched her pull out a letter with a red seal closing it together. I recognized the seal on the letter as one that was delivered a few weeks ago to Madam Rivers.