prologue

TW: mentions of sexual assault

☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦. ǟʄʄʟɨƈȶɨօռ .◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

Growing up, a part of every child's life. you grow out of the childish fazes, and start to become more mature. you stop playing with dolls, and stuffed animals. you're parents watch as you become young adults in sadness, hoping they raised you well.

But pax never had that. she never got the delicacy of playing with dolls, or stuffed animals. the only thing she ever had on her mind was to survive.

funny, right?

the name pax, supposedly meaning peace, relief. but to pax, it seemed she never got either of those things. she grew up in the underground, no glimpse of sunlight to be seen anywhere. she has very little remembrance of her parents. she knows her dad left her down in the underground, but she can't really remember anything about him. over the years she's just slowly forgotten about him. his voice, his appearance, it was all gone.

she never knew anything about her mother. she assumed she was either dead, or left her like her father did. but she didn't care enough to try and find out.

she didn't have any idea who she looked like. she had medium length dark hair, and beautiful hazel eyes.

she was a beautiful young girl, but that wasn't always a good thing, especially while living in the underground.

pax was human trafficked for two years of her life. passed around, and used for her body. it was sickening. it made her loose all sense of hope, all sense of trust. and she had no way of getting out.

that was until her and one of the other girls found a way to escape. they ran, and ran, and ran, and never looked back.

that girls name was Lillian. little did the two girls know, they would be inseparable for the rest of their lives. 

pax and lillian were only 10 years old when that happened.

the girls never moved on. but i mean, how could you?

pax blamed her parents for a lot. maybe more her father than her her mother, giving the fact she didn't know much about her. but she knew her father left her. she didn't know where he went, or what he left for. but that didn't deny the fact that he left. he was out there somewhere, living life without her.

she never knew a parents love. pax struggled with her emotions, but vowed to never let it show. if she didn't let anybody in, then nobody could leave, right?

so pax and lillian trusted no one but each other. they had to steal food from merchants in the underground to survive. and it worked, for awhile.

until three years pass, and the girls decided that they didn't wanna live like this anymore. they wanted out. they wanted to be free of this cage that the underground has had them in for so many years.

they had a plan. once they got out, they would join the military. they could provide food, and shelter. they wouldn't have to fight for it anymore.

and they did it.

somehow, they successfully snuck themselves onto an oil shipment, and officially got out of there.

and well, that brings us to the present. the girls had registered for the military. the 104 cadet corps. they both made up last names so they could get in.

so now they went as pax long and lillian cunningham.

"so, we really did it huh?" lillian said to pax. they were sat in the dining hall, at a table near the back by themselves.

"yeah.. i guess we did" pax said, glare on her face per usual.

"this is our lives now pax" lillian said looking in deep thought.

pax thought about it for a second. was this really it? was this how they were going to spend the rest of their lives? fighting for freedom?

"yeah, i guess it is" pax said.

little did the two girls know, that even though the water was calm in this moment.

a storm was to come.

and this?

this is only the beginning.

authors note:
ahhhh hiiii everyoneee!!! uhhh i don't really know what i'm doing, but if you are reading this i appreciate you! i hope you enjoyed, and like i said, this is only the beginning:)