the fight

a

a.n. incase you haven't realized, the italics are usually pax's internal thoughts. just thought i'd mention that:).

enjoy...

________

"mikasa? pax? weren't you guys supposed to be in the rearguard?" Annie said. she looked almost, nervous.

"annie!" mikasa said, "i think i understand the situation, and we apologize for bothering you, but have you seen eren and lillian's unit?"

please, let her be okay.

"lillians over there with armin, but im sorry i haven't seen eren, haven't seen anyone scale the wall really" annie said.

pax breathed out a sigh of relief she didn't know she was holding in.

thank god.

"hey lillian, did you miss me?" pax said.

"pax! you're okay!" lillian said as she threw herself onto pax, almost knocking her over. with a grunt, pax let out the smallest chuckle, and hugged the girl back.

usually i don't like hugs, but damn am i glad to get one from her right now.

"armin!" mikasa said.

"oh god" armin said, looking at the ground. oh no, something definitely happened.

"armin are you hurt? are you okay? where's eren?" mikasa said in a worry.

"armin?"

armin finally looked up, absolutely devastated. tears running down his face like a river. wait a sec, where is eren? pax was starting to worry a bit herself.

"lillian? did something happen to eren?" pax said quietly, as to not disturb the conversation happening beside them.

"y-you don't wanna know pax" lillian said, looking at the ground.

oh god. is he dead?

those damned titans.

"our unit.... the 34th cadet unit... thomas wagner, nic tius, mylius zeramuski, mina carolina, eren jeager."

wait, all of them? they're all gone?

"they have filled their duties and died heroic deaths in battle!"

"p-pax i tried to save them i really did. i-i just froze i couldn't move" lillian said, tears welling up in her eyes.