|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش

Начните с самого начала

The door rattled before it opened and she hid her grim expressions, replacing it with a happier one. He smiled at her while ruffling his hair with the towel and said

"I'm waiting and then we'll go downstairs together."

She nodded and went to the closet to choose her clothes. Glancing at him, she kept her emotions at bay. Nonetheless, a whisper escaped her lips

"I hope you can forgive me or I'll die, Subhan."
~~~~~~~~~

Entering his cabin, the first thing he noticed was his friend sitting at the sofa. As usual, he was drinking from his cup of coffee while scrolling through his mobile.

"Do you even go home or just sleep here?"

Subhan asked as not once Altamash has been late to office.

"At least you have me to help you. Plus your couch is getting old. It's uncomfortable."

Rolling his eyes at the man, he took his seat at the chair. He dropped down onto it and heard Altamash's voice

"Your tickets are booked for the day after tomorrow."

Nodding he thanked him and asked

"Is there any news on the sender?"

He referred to the message he received a day prior. Altamash shook his head and Subhan felt disappointment rushing through his system. So far, Rafay has found nothing solid. It's like their back to square one. Everything is a mess.

"Relax. I'll keep you updated with everything. Just focus on the project. Make everyone proud and jealous."

Subhan smiled since its a rarity that Altamash jokes. He has great sense of humour, but he doesn't joke a lot.

He's a one strange creature but his best friend indeed.

"Smile more brother, you deserve it."

Instantly the relaxed expression left his best friend's face and he felt guilty. Knowing it's no use talking to him because he shuts down always, he chose to leave him be and get back to work.

He hopes someday his best friend finds someone who'll make him smile many times a day.
~~~~~~~~~~~

The work ended around seven which was a relief since he's been spending nights in office for many days, so it was relieving that the work load has finally been lifted. He relaxed back in his chair and rested his head at the back of the chair. The moments from morning ran in his mind like a treasured memory and a smile came upon his lips. He likes it when she acts mischievous with him. It shows that she's comfortable with him enough to tease him. To share jokes and laughter and damn if that doesn't fill him with happiness. He treasures the time he spends with his wife. Not wanting to dwell so much in his thoughts, he got up and shrugged his coat over his shoulders. Leaving the office, he drove back home.

Whilst driving, his eyes landed onto the vendor selling chooriyanKnowing his wife loves bangles, he parked the car to the side and stepped out. Going to the shop, he asked

"Kitne ki hai?"
(How much)

"250 ka ek set."
(250 for one set)

Taking out the cash, he bought three pairs. One was blue, other was silver while the third was sage. The vendor placed the bangles safely in the shopper and handed it to him. He walked back the car and ignited the engine. Suddenly he was excited to go home. To meet his wife like he hasn't in ages. It took him less than thirty minutes to drive in his porch and quickly shutting the engine down, he stepped out and hurried inside.