15.- Villains (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Don't say that. You're still my sensei; you can train me. You can't die; we need you," her voice broke when Kakashi stopped breathing, and his heart stopped.

"Sensei? SENSEI!" With blood-stained hands, having barely managed to stop the bleeding in the neck, Sakura rushed to perform chest compressions on Kakashi. The teacher's heart still didn't respond as seconds passed like hours.

The Team Seven teacher, Kakashi, the so-called copy ninja who had survived worse, couldn't die so simply.

"I'm sorry, Sakura-chan, I failed," Naruto said with tear-soaked cheeks. "I thought I had done it. I failed you and everyone in Konoha. You have to run from here now; it's dangerous. He'll come for you. The Teme betrayed us."

Sakura froze.

"What?" Her lips trembled as she spoke.

"Sakura-chan, you have to run. The Teme isn't who we thought. He killed everyone and won't stop until he finishes everyone" Naruto said, wincing in pain.

At that moment, Sakura noticed the horrible wound on Naruto's left side. She hadn't noticed it before because of Kakashi's injury. But her mind went blank upon hearing Naruto's words. Sasuke-kun had helped in the war and finally returned to Konoha.

"So, this is your hiding place" Sasuke emerged from the forest with his only arm and threw what he was carrying over his shoulder towards Naruto and Sakura. Two large bulges rolled to the ground and stopped in front of them. Sakura covered her mouth to stifle a scream upon seeing the corpses of Sai and Yamato.

"I thought about bringing your friend and your teacher, but what better than to gather Team Seven for their death?" Sasuke laughed shamelessly. Sakura's strength left her; she couldn't believe that this man was her Sasuke-kun. Even when Sasuke left them to join Orochimaru or Team Taka, he had never acted with such coldness. On other occasions, he had the opportunity to truly kill them and didn't. Even when he tried at the end, he stopped.

"Sasuke-kun, why? You're not like this!" Sakura spoke with a weak voice, and her tears mixed with Kakashi's blood on her face.

"Am I not? Sakura, you knew me since I was a child, and in reality, you were just an annoying fan who never really knew me," Sasuke uttered those harsh words and, taking a few steps, smiled arrogantly, seeing Naruto trying to cover Sakura, who was in a state of shock. "I spent three years away; did you think I would remain the same? Konoha and that world were rotten. Generations of hatred, revenge, and greed wouldn't disappear with a simple war. My brother sacrificed himself in vain. I finally understood what the world needed: extermination."

"You damn bastard! We believed in you, trusted you, and gave everything for you!" Naruto shouted.

"No, not everything. Now I want their lives" Sasuke replied. His eye gleamed with a crimson color as he activated the Sharingan, and he unsheathed his katana stained with the blood of Kakashi, Yamato, and Sai.

"NO!" Sakura screamed with such force that she felt her throat tearing.

Ilda and the others watched the scene in astonishment. Sakura was crumbling before their eyes, with corpses scattered around her. To the left, someone vomited, a understandable reaction considering they had witnessed a cold-blooded murder.

As the class delegate, Ilda knew he had to act and move Sakura away from the man who, apparently, knew Sakura and the others. However, his legs felt paralyzed, as if they were two iron plates weighing more than a ton. Moreover, there were issues she couldn't comprehend. Why were they mentioning a place called Konoha? He had lived in Switzerland and had no knowledge of any country named Konoha. And, as far as he remembered, the news hadn't reported any recent war or genocide. Had that man really killed thousands of people?